Thread: is db squat as useful as smith squat or free squat

Hybrid View

heading to 195

is db squat as useful as smith squat or free squat

i hope so cuz they don't have jack sheeit at my gym

I think it'd be uncomfortable to hold up 100lb+ DBs like that, without supporting the weight on your back/traps.

You mean to say that your gym has no squat rack? F*ck that.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    get a new gym if possible
    Last edited by BigCorey75; 07-01-2004 at 12:12 AM.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Obviously make do with what you have, but if your gym has no squat rack have a think about looking elsewhere... There should be some type of law about calling something a gym with nor rack lol..

I would think that balance would be an issue when doing dumbell squats, and also as St patrick says once you start training heavy its not going to be the most comfortable.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

As someone who works out at home and has no squat rack, I have tried dumbell squats and found them to be extremely awkward due to the size of the plates needed to reach any kind of acceptable weight. Instead I would recommend barbell hack squats.

Instead I would recommend barbell hack squats.
    I agree. I now work out at home and have not purchased a squat rack yet. Hack squats are a good substitute. So are front barbell squats.
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

heading to 195
    believe me, i wish i could find a new gym. unfortunately, i have to use the free school gym, and they typically have 3 open, but now that it's summer, they have 1 open, which is in the furthest location, and half the machines are broken!

they have a squat rack, but basically i say that don't because there has been a sign on it for about 10 years saying that a part is missing and it will be in soon. which it won't.

Wannabebig New Member
    AHAHAHAHAH thats funny

my gym is gay no squat rack and i cant find another one cause that is the closest one
    i just squat using the smith machine