Thread: I did 20 rep squats for the first time

17 year old loser

I did 20 rep squats for the first time

Those things are horrible I thought I would puke.

For some reason I feel like i'm losing strength on my squat, so I decided what the hell, strip it and put 135 on, and do it for 20. I did it for 2 sets of 20, I hope my legs won't be sore tomorrow.

Re: I did 20 rep squats for the first time

Originally posted by Garza
    I hope my legs won't be sore tomorrow.
    Why is that? You want em to be sore!

tuttut

I sure don't.
    As much as a feeling of soreness leaves a sense that I've stimulated the muscle/s I do however enjoy walking normally rather than walking like I got a barbell up my butt.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

17 year old loser
    When I wake up on a saturday morning I feel so sore and almost numb in my legs, and I always wake up starving to death. Its the worst feeling.

great job!

20 rep squats are the ultimate intense exercise..

Stick with em for a while.. When ya hit 20 up the weight 10 lb's and shoot for 20 again.. Just keep going
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

bone crusher
    garza, i started these a week or two ago

Started at 135 just like you
    Now up to 155 and will add 10 more next time

I would only do one set though. I mean seriously i am ready to crawl to my next lift after those (thank god i chin in the same power rack)

17 year old loser
    Cool, see my working set has always been 225 for 6 on squats, and then somehow I got weaker and weaker and yesterday I didnt even do 1 of them, so I decided to do this. Do you think this could pull me out of a slump?

Senior of Kinesiology
    Yah it could, because your stimulating the muscle in a diffrent way.
    Let us know how you progress
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

Garza,

You shouldn't have been getting weaker and weaker using 225 lbs. If you were really that sore the next morning, maybe you were overtraining. If the same thing happens with 20 rep squats, try fewer sets or give yourself more than a week between leg workouts. Make sure your diet is good, you're getting enough sleep, etc.