The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

inversion boots!!

who here's got em? (maybe it's obvious but i know sometimes people don't know what they are - they're boots w/ hooks in the front, so you can hang upside down from a bar, to stretch and do stomach workouts - kind of like antwoine (sp???) in deuce bigalow). i've wanted to get them for sometime, but i'd need to get a new pullup bar because the height of mine wouldn't let me hang upside down w/o my arms hitting the floor. don't wanna go through the trouble if it gets old and useless after the novelty wears off. i hear that it's really good for your back to hang upside down, like it decompresses your spine (please don't ask me to back that up, it's just totally anecdotal)

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bump...

yo i got some they are groovy, baby.

what do you want to know?

Wannabebig Member
    even if you don't end up using it to workout, you can always use it for the *wink wink* with a lady friend

haha never thought of that.davor- wanna know what i said in beginning, do you still use it, or did it get boring after a while. it's gonna be a pain in teh ass, so i don't wanna do it if two months down the road i realize it's not an effective way of working out

i still use them, i got a retarted back so it feels damn good every time i hang upside down for 20 mins! sometimes i push myself towards the floor with my arms to add more weight to myself so my body will seperate! how tall are u? if youre like over 6' your head might hit floor.

i still use it, and it doesnt get boring really, its good way of doing sit ups since those are the most goddamn boring excersizes. if you believe in the powers of inversion then it will never grow old

just put your legs over the pull up bar at your knees. You know how you hang upside down when you're a kid.
    Preface everything I say with: "For intellectual curiosity:"
    or: "A friend wanted to know:"

yah you could but unless your body is fully relaxed u cant get a good stretch

ya and i do'nt feel fully comfortable hanging like that on the pullup bar i'm currently using. didn't do the greatest job mounting it.

mmm... discipline
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowFellow
    even if you don't end up using it to workout, you can always use it for the *wink wink* with a lady friend
    LOL

I need to find a place to hang upside down. Could do some really good ab work and stretching. You know Franco Columbu could hang upside down just by hanging from his feet? I'm mean, the top part of his feet was the only thing holding him up. That's insane strength.
    Last edited by Spartan936; 07-02-2004 at 03:20 PM.