The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Workout in the morning or at night????

Well I know its better to do cardio in the morning but what about bulking? I would think it be better to do your workout at night because you can go straight to rest and more energy is being used for recovery/muscle growth whereas if u do it in the morning more energy will go to other stuff especially if u go to school and run around and stuff and play football like I do

What do you guys think?

P.S. Sorry for the informal/quick post but I'm in a hurry
    "pain is weakness leaving the body"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would say morning as u have the whole day to eat and provide the nutirents required for growing. If u workout at night and go to bed you are stopping the body getting the nutrition it is crying out for.
    First couple of hours after training is most important in term of recovery. Dont be asleep for this.

Motors, Music & Muscle HemiVision's Avatar
    If you work out in the morning, testosterone levels will be at their highest during your recovery time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiVision
    If you work out in the morning, testosterone levels will be at their highest during your recovery time.
    Your "recovery time" might be anywhere from 24-48 hours, maybe even longer...I don't think this logic holds.

Do your workout a) when you can fit into your daily schedule and/or b) when you have the most energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Your "recovery time" might be anywhere from 24-48 hours, maybe even longer...
    Yes, but the hours immediately after the workout are the most crucial - that's why so much importance is placed on post-workout nutrition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiVision
    Yes, but the hours immediately after the workout are the most crucial - that's why so much importance is placed on post-workout nutrition.
    Maybe working out half an hour before bed isn't the greatest idea, but as long as you have the ability to get a meal or two in you after you lift I don't think working out later in the day is going to hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Maybe working out half an hour before bed isn't the greatest idea, but as long as you have the ability to get a meal or two in you after you lift I don't think working out later in the day is going to hurt you.
    It definitely won't hurt you - but for someone looking to maximize their gains there will be a slight advantage to lifting in the morning, all other things being equal. Not enough of an advantage for me personally to drag my ass out of bed any earlier... but it is there.