The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Be strong. Live Long.

Speed + Endurance Training

Hi everyone!! haven't posted for a while but here I am. I play soccer. Does anyone know if I do speed training, I will also be getting endurance at the same time? I have been working on getting endurance, - I have been running 7 to 10 miles tuesday, wednesday, thursday, saturday ( on friday sunday and monday I have games ) plus 30 minutes running in a mountain 3 days a week ( tiring ) so far I have gotten great results, but speed hasn't changed. I am fast but I want to get faster. I know that endurance training will not give me speed but would speed training give me endurance?

Any exercise/s for speed training besides sprinting?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by carlossalsa8; 07-05-2004 at 03:36 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by carlossalsa8
    Hi everyone!! haven't posted for a while but here I am. I play soccer. Does anyone know if I do speed training, I will also be getting endurance at the same time? I have been working on getting endurance, - I have been running 7 to 10 miles tuesday, wednesday, thursday, saturday ( on friday sunday and monday I have games ) plus 30 minutes running in a mountain 3 days a week ( tiring ) so far I have gotten great results, but speed hasn't changed. I am fast but I want to get faster. I know that endurance training will not give me speed but would speed training give me endurance?

Any exercise/s for speed training besides sprinting?
    Thanks.
    Get a speed trainer, he will have you do what's needed to get faster, and continue doing your endurance training, you can't get signifigantly good at both, usually it's one or the other, for soccer just try to find a good mix of it.

Be strong. Live Long.
    I know I should get help from a speed trainer, that would be the best. But I just wanted some advices from people at this forum first. Thanks.

Hill sprints, 20 meter shuttle, foot speed ladder(you can draw the lines in), and resisted sprints(you need someone to hold your hips as you run, than have them let go and sprint another 5 yards). This is all the stuff I can think of that you can do with out any equipment.

TO ADD: When you do this type of training, don't let your self get tired, only do the drill when you are fully recovered but at 100% intensity.
    Last edited by SalahG; 07-05-2004 at 08:12 PM.