Thread: Lan Party Time

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar

Lan Party Time

Sup peeps. Me and the homies are having a lan party tonight, mostly playing Counterstrike and Warcraft III. The last few have been a blast to say the least. Any of you out in WBB get together for lan parties? Have any stories? :alcoholic
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Neollagnailati
    A war3 player, eh? I used to be pretty good at that, but now I'm playing for the first time since December. It's not very pretty. What race do you use?

Lan parties rule. Used to go to them quite a bit but kinda out grew them. Got tired of everyone playing Quake (2&3) and CS.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I wannabebig!
    quake 1 forever!

Quote Originally Posted by harryhoudini66
    Call of Duty
    Call of Duty /PwnZ big time. So does Halo for PC. Have you tried FarCry yet? That game is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    quake 1 forever!
    Duke Nukem 3D for life!!1

The Sims 0|/\|n35 j00

Grasshoppa
    LAN parties are fun...sit there, play games, drink some alcohol, play more games. Maybe go see some naked girls afterwards.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Anybody wanna dial me up for a game of Doom?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Anybody wanna dial me up for a game of Doom?
    B.F.G. 9000 0wnZ j00!11

use beefcake
    halo lan parties are or were the ****. they still are.

hehe.

We used to have lanparties in a basement. There were up to 43 people as our record high. Some peeps actually used to stay until 6am the next day, while the hardcores used to sleep over the night before the lan for some practice CTF/DM. We mainly played Q3, UT, UT2k3, HL, RF and Need For Speed. In the evening there was about half the people that would start up WC3 with a few MP games of it running.

RL LAN story:

A friend of mine decided it would be a good idea to buy food before the big LP, so we hit up a superfoodmart. I got junk (2years ago mind you) and he got these generic brand pizza-bites that were on sale. At like 4:30AM were leaving to get some sleep.

Waking up with like 2 hours of sleep the 24h LAN begins... Like 1/4 way through he had a few drinks and nuked the pizza bites. 20m later he is plastered and the pizza bites are eaten (all 6 or 7 boxes). I'm winning a Q3 DM and I'm hungry, so I go grab a bite.

I went to grab a burger upstairs and all i hear is pukes and dry heaves... Later I find that EVERYTHING is splattered with pepperoni pizza-bites... I think his pic was put on a LAN Party pic site or something with his face on his KB. :/

PN: There was food available and tables were provided from multiple sources. there was also a small fee for entry as it would bring the electrical bill up a few hundred bucks.
    Last edited by AllUp; 07-15-2004 at 12:20 PM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Haven't seen you on UT lately, I miss the easy frags. You can always play instant action against novice bots afterwards to rebuild your shattered ego.
    Last edited by ElPietro; 07-15-2004 at 12:37 PM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

My group of friends have lan parties reasonably frequently. We're planning on having another session at some point this summer. Generally we play Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. There's not really enough of us to have a decent FPS game. Best lan we've had is probably where we tried (and succeeded) to conquer the Warcraft 3 Tower Defense map that comes with The Frozen Throne.

43 people? Impressive AllUp

I feel old. I used to have parties playing Scorched Earth.

Who needs SVGA?

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    Haven't seen you on UT lately, I miss the easy frags. You can always play instant action against novice bots afterwards to rebuild your shattered ego.
    Whatever tank-ho.

I've actually been hella busy and lost touch with the nerds for roughly 2weeks. The computer isn't at my house as I'm having moving issues so it's in the "LAN basement"

PN: I'll be getting a mic on my way home tomorrow, so you will be able to hear my foul gaming language first-hand next time i'm on.

It still runs like ass on my system so I won't play it seriously until I get a new system. Until then I'll log on maybe once a week to run over and pancake people with the vehicles in random servers in onslaught mode.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    ---
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    I feel old. I used to have parties playing Scorched Earth.

Who needs SVGA?
    LOL.

Heavy Roller /pwns j00!

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    LOL.

Heavy Roller /pwns j00!
    DEATH'S HEAD BABY!!!!!

Pearls of Wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGimp
    My group of friends have lan parties reasonably frequently. We're planning on having another session at some point this summer. Generally we play Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. There's not really enough of us to have a decent FPS game. Best lan we've had is probably where we tried (and succeeded) to conquer the Warcraft 3 Tower Defense map that comes with The Frozen Throne.

43 people? Impressive AllUp
    Thanks,

Yeah that tower defense map is insane. I think there were several remakes as well. Fun until you play for a while and get zerged by like 100 enemies.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    ---
    ---

in norway, in a big sports indoors arena, 5000 gamers gather each year to play and have fun, its really nice for the lan fans.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

yeah lan parties are pretty fun.

we had a lock-in when i was in high school, cuz i was in this accelerated program they held @ the local university, and we had like 16vs16 CS, DOD, UT and RTCW going on, and xbox and gamecube in the other rooms. it was sweet

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    hey everyone, just an update on my thread here. the lan party was pretty sweet, we had prolly 10 people or something, which is ok i guess, but still fun. hopefully we can lan it up sometime again soon. btw, when i was in military training school, we used to have 16 player halo tournaments all the time on xbox. it was fps heaven .
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Sweet, I know someone who has Halo parties with like 6 or 8 peeps. Seems cool, but I love my monitor resolution and I dont think i'd ever get used to a FPS using a controller.

10 people isnt bad at all, Initially ours started with 3 people, 3 old ass computers and Quake. . Quake 1-3 was always our cup of tea.
    Last edited by AllUp; 07-16-2004 at 11:13 AM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    ---
    ---