Thread: Pressing Movements for a change

Pressing Movements for a change

so i am sitting on the pot.... well i do that to relax and spend a lot of time there these days. but back to the topic. so i am thinking i am in a slump re the chest. i think my back has gotten bigger and my chest may have just evened out. it used to be the dominant feature of my body but then came on the shoulders and then the traps and took away from its size. my current routine is flat bench bb 4 sets, incline flys 3 sets, pec dec 3 sets and sometimes some dips or cable work. i am thinking today on the pot.. hmmm i wonder instead of giant sets or super sets or drop sets just to do pressing movements. hit the flat bench bb, then lighter weights obviously on the db. That would be 2 pressing movements to insight some growth. right now my bench is up to 405x 6-8 depending on if i run the pec dec before my bench. its put a little strain on my shoulders so i have been hitting those harder to strengthen them up. not that i am using my shoulders but that it feels like my arms are being torn out of the socket sometimes. just seeing what you guys think. the last time i really felt some awesome pain for about a week was when i did a double day on chest in the morning and in the evening. help!!!?

Good God 405 is a distant dream for several years for me, let alone 6-8. Man I don't know, but make sure the keyboard stays clean lol.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    there are many variations of heavy presing to help build the pecs.

one of the best variations is to use a pause at the bottom when you lower the weight paues it for a count while the weight is on your chest then press, starting the weight from a complete stop tends to work wonders for the pecs in strength and size

aso doing heavy dumbell pressing works well also
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

bigcorey...

i have done those before and sometimes use it once a month for dumbell presses since there is more control needed. it definately can make me soar but usually when i want to use dumbells i then lack a partner and dont have the will to get into them. thanks for the thought though.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    Ever try doing dips, and lots of them, about 4 sets to failure

my philosphy about dips is other than bodybuilder which athletes have the most developed pecs? The Answer is gymnist, notice next time when mens gymnastics come on television, these are some extremly built guys with powerful pecs and most of their routines consist of tons of dipping action.

so try adding some dips to your routine and see how that helps

and if you can do more than 10 or 12 reps comfortably add some weight to it.
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

i appreciate your response corey. i am going to give the dip idea a go. i do them but not religiously. i think i may try a month of dumbells, barbells and hammer strength machines for pressing exercises only. i guess you have to try to be able to say anything. thanks again. and ill implement the dips.