Thread: Would you like some CRACK with your meal?

MACHINE
    OK, I know it's opening the door for some wise-cracks, but here's the situation...

Since Christmas, I have eaten like a champ. I eat every 2.5 - 3 hours, NEVER missing a meal, and every meal is approximately the same size ~500 calories with very consistant nutrient ratios. Well today, because of work, there was a 4 hour span between my 10:00 meal and the next one. I usually eat the next meal between 12:30 and 1:00, but today, I couldn't eat untill about 2:15. I noticed around 2:00 that I had the shakes in my hands. I'm not taking any ECA's or drinking any coffee, so I know it wasn't because of a stimulant.

Has this ever happened to anyone when they were late for a meal? Has my body become so accustomed to my eating schedule that it goes through a mild form of withdrawal when it doesn't get the nutrients on time?

Am I a food junkie?

When I have missed my meal time life gets nasty

My respect for people seems to go out of the window, then after my meal I feel sorry for being an *******! hehe

I eat every 2-2.5 waking hours of every day of my life

You are eating small meals and probably very low fat. With low fat intake your body will digest the food much quicker. That means that your blood sugar will be more dependant on food intake on a regular basis. If you think about it, you only ate 1000 calories over a span of 19 hours (assuming your last meal had been at 9 P.M. the previous night). For a young, muscular individual that isn't very much. I am sure your blood sugar was quite low.

Chris is exactly right.... just a drop in the blood "energy"... especially if you are acustomed to eating more carbs, because then your body has to shift for a different fuel source, with that long of a span of time between meals.

If you are using more fats for fuel, then the shake never happen as bad or like that because there is generally some fuel in your "behind" to assist in the matter when there is a larget time lapse.

Make sense?
    MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com