The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

question regarding weight loss, excess skin and how to change?

I have been working out for more than two years now and I originally started with the goal of losing fat. I was sucessful but I still had some excess weight around my belly and nipples. Recently I decided to go on a cut and got myself down to 140 lbs at a height of 5' 10". But even at this level whenever I bend over I have stuff hanging around my nipples and belly. Many people have told me that I am starting to look to thin but the hanging stuff is still there. Some people have told me that it is excess skin. What Can I do to get rid of it once and for all if it is not fat but excess skin?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The excess skin is a common problem with dieting to lose a lot of weight. Unfortunately, theres not much you can do except wait it out. Eventually, it will tighten up. There are a few supplements / creams that may help you however. Feel free to search the forums, there have been several posts about this before. If its very severe, you may want to look into surgery (I dont recommend this though).

225lb @ 17% bodyfat, currently cutting
    Current lifts while cutting (all raw): bench 275x4, squat 365x8
    Estimated current maxes: 300 bench / 450 dead / 450 squat
    Competition / Gym PRs (from March 08)
    Bench: 325 raw / 385 loose shirt
    Deadlift: 450 raw ADFPF 04/26/08
    Squat: 405 raw

Maybe if you built up some muscle, you wouldn't look so droopy when you cut. Maybe gain some weight (muscle), then cut back down and everything might look better.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

WOW.. 510 and 140.. that is way to skinny. The lowest i ever got to was 170 at 5'10 and then i had a 32 inch waist. Anyways, i lost alot of weight to, and i realize that it wont tighten up. I was thinking about surgery, but apparently there is this new procedure called thermage that tightens skin through laser treatment. It leaves no scars and down time is minimal. It costs a couple thousand though, and its still experimental.