The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

5% Fat Loss/Muscle Building routine...

Hey Im 15,about 14.7-15.6% bodyfat,trying to come down to about 10% maybe less,Im about 5'5 184 lbs,size 34 waist...Id like to lose 5% bodyfat before september which I dont see as really MUCH of a hard thing to do...Here is a routine of what ill be doing over the next 2 weeks to see how things go...But If i see results even a little bit Ill stick with it.

Monday,Wednsday,Saturday-
    Crunches/AB workout (30 min)...Pushups/Chest workout (30 min)

Sunday,Tuesday,Thursday-
    Bicep/Tricep workout (30min)...Pushups/Chest workout (30min) Alternating with Crunches/AB workout (30 min) every other time. Also a 15 minute cardio session(or should the cardio session go with Mon,Wed,Sat?)

Friday-
    Rest day...Alternating with 30-45 minute cardio session every other friday.

After 2 weeks is up,im going to weigh myself again,and check my bodyfat,if i notice even a slight change,ill stick to this routine or even add more time to the cardio and each of my workouts.

Somebody please critique my schedual,I thought about cardio for 30 minutes a session but with the 30-45 minutes on alt. fridays i figure im alright,but if you have any tips shout 'em out.Remember I'm just trying to lose 5% bodyfat or build muscle to make me look more built,the point being i just don't wanna look fat,I think this will work for me. I have till early September and i will be eating as best as i can throughout the time period.Thank You in advance.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

mmm... discipline
    I think you should take a good look at your diet and start eating cleaner. You'll have to learn what's healthy; check out the nutrition section and the thread "what a bodybuilder eats". It'll be good for you to lose body fat, but you don't want to stunt your growth by not giving your body enough nutrients. I suggest you eat cleaner, lower your calories a bit to lose some body fat, do cardio exercise several times a week, and maybe some weight training.

mmm... discipline
    BTW, crunches don't tighten your stomach or help you lose fat. Consider doing a full body workout with weights.

If you see even a slight change in your bodyfat%, it's most likely just from the inherent inconsistency of your measuring technique, you can measure twice in a row and get different results. Just be careful and average over a few measurments or you could be misleading yourself

Quagmire wannabe
    when are you planning on working your legs?
    He who hesitates masturbates........

Quote Originally Posted by Dramafades
    Monday,Wednsday,Saturday-
    Crunches/AB workout (30 min)...Pushups/Chest workout (30 min)

Sunday,Tuesday,Thursday-
    Bicep/Tricep workout (30min)...Pushups/Chest workout (30min) Alternating with Crunches/AB workout (30 min) every other time. Also a 15 minute cardio session(or should the cardio session go with Mon,Wed,Sat?)

Friday-
    Rest day...Alternating with 30-45 minute cardio session every other friday.

Train your legs.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

And your back.

I know what you're thinking, you want to lose some weight, get a decent chest and abs going, and back it up with some guns before school starts back up. Maybe impress some ladies. Have them going, "Wow, what did you do over the summer?"

Even if that's not your goal, train your whole body. You'll look and feel better. Think of your body as a V8 engine. You want it to be able to burn tons of fuel. If you only do chest/abs/arms, it's like you are only running on 2-3 of those cylinders. There are plenty of routines on this board you can use. WBB #1 is highly recommended.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.ph...id=25&pageid=3

If you need any help on how to do some of the exercises listed, this thread will point you to the videos that demostrate the movements.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=44636

Read, study, and ask questions. There are lots of knowledgeable people here to help you. Good Luck.
    Last edited by TBone4Eva; 07-11-2004 at 06:00 AM.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Wannabebig Member
    Oh no i do train my legs,i play basketball all day long,and with the cardio i do i train my legs also,but not weight training,usually for weight training my legs i pick up one of the little kids on my block and do some squats,and chicken fights with friends i know you wouldnt think of it as working your legs but trust me,from doing these things my legs have results already,i notice thigh muscles bulging out when i flex my legs,and my calves are huge,i recently recovered from a big injury,broke my leg in 2 places,bone snapped through the skin,the stuff you see on real TV.,after that i broke the same leg again,and one more time,a total of 1 yr and 9 months in a cast,so thats how i got "fat" not too fat but enough for people to call me fat.So ive been on the road to FULL recovery by working my abs and chest since thats basically the only thing i dont work,i do my back also just not alot.any info or comments IM me at fyuocuk022 or email at longislanders35@hotmail.com

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramafades
    Oh no i do train my legs,i play basketball all day long,and...
    These are all good things, but you will see much better overall gains if you include a weight-training program for your legs.