The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Disciple#1

Wrist problem/resuming lifting...?

Hi there,
    This is my first thread on these forums but i was hoping someone could offer me some advice...Also i appologise beforehand for the long assed post :S

I recently started a new job which increased the type of physical activity i've done since 1.5 years ago. Pretty much alot of manual labour involving cranking up threaded steel fittings used in Gas distrubution, as well as alot of hand digging,jumping in and out of holes etc...
    My problem is....after first couple of days at it full out(its pretty good cardio an uper body workout) i felt a slight twinge in my right wrist. I didnt think anything of this as i've had it before, and nothing has ever came of it.
    I went and done my lifting as usually for that day, but while doing barbell presses felt another slight twinge again in the same place. I ignored this (to my now regret) and finished my workout without any problems. Next day however i woke some pain in my wrist and found it had swollen(palm down, top left hand side of right wrist).
    Through looking for as much info as i could on this, i'm pretty sure its tendonitis, although the pain level has dropped as i stopped lifting immediatly and started using mainly my right hand at work.

My question is, how long should i wait till i can resume lifting again?
    I've read that i should have "2 full days without any pain" before lifting wiv low weights and working my way back up, while integrating wrist exercises into my routine.
    I guess i'm just hoping someone here has some experiance of this problem and perhaps some first hand advice you could give me.

Thank in advance for any help.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wanna be big
    Go see a doctor! No weight lifting until you know what is happening to your wrist and it completely heals.