Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a Journal???

What's a Journal???

I had a journal a long time ago, but the dog ate it. Or maybe it was me, I do love to eat. Although I'm feeling quite unmotivated, I thought I'd start a journal and see where it goes. I think my other journal can be found on page 147 by now and it was just too time consuming to locate it.

For those of you who don't know me...don't believe what Rene or Shane say about me, unless it's good of course....the good stuff is all true and probably way underestimated.

To make it simple....I wanna lose body fat, who doesnt? Maybe losing "10 lbs" would do the trick, but what does the scale really measure anyways??

My problems (watch it Rene!)....

1. old lady knees....no lunges, squats, leg presses, running (oh, I'm 33 btw)
    2. I love food....no, not the lettuce and carrots crap...sigh
    3. I'm not a big fan of counting every gram of every macronutrient I eat b/c from past experience, it makes me cranky and I just say F it
    4. too much info at times....no carb, low carb, high carb, high protein, vegan, eat til you're hungry, it's ok to be hungry, fat is good, fat is bad...too much conflicting info, you get the picture
    5. I don't belong to a gym and don't plan on it either...old habits die hard

But, I'm willing to plug along and take criticism and suggestions. I have no plan at the moment, just figured I needed to start somewhere.

Stacy

Awesome starting this journal. But remember, I'm back home now and as Rene knows, starting tomorrow, I'm no longer an excuse to cheat on the diet.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Shoot, time to expand the problem list....

6. Jeff is no longer here

Stacy

dammit...back to carb depletion.

:angry:
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

If it weren't for your superhuman levels of ADH you could've pissed away all your weekend carbs by now!

come on stacy!! you can do it!!! let's start with 15 mins walking in the morning!

15 minutes of walking??? I said I have old lady knees, not that I was an old lady, lol !!

I plan on hopping on my recumbent bike after work today and letting my knees tell me when I've had enough, but from past experience that usually equals about 25 minutes depending on the resistance and how tired my legs are after standing all day at work, lol.

I realized this morning that as much as I love my "lite" sausage, I'm gonna have to find a different breakfast option. Sausage=pork=pig=more fat on Stacy's ass. That "lite" thing had me in denial for a long time.

Should I count calories, carbs etc or just try to eat clean and eat only when hungry and stop when satisfied??? I've done so many things I don't know what to try anymore. Well, yes, consistency helps too....always been a tough one for me. I'm impatient and want results like yesterday. I do know from past experience that eating 1200-1300 cals for a few days makes me freakin' hungry and then I binge. Eating 2000+ makes me gain. I'm guessing 1800-ish is maintainance....1400-1500 I guess is a good place to start. (Yes, Shane, you told me this last year I think...you're such a smarty pants!)

I'm rambling b/c I don't want to go to work, but I must.

Later,

S

YEY soooooo glad you started a journal here!

here's what I think on all the crazy info we hear out there. ALL OF IT IS BS! lol

From experience, I think that calories is the #1 thing you should be concerned about when trying to loose fat. "what you eat" will affect the way you feel, so it DOES matter. As far as how many you need... listen to Shane. I'm still confused as to how he figures the #s out but what he told me works.
    Workout.. if I were you I wouldn't stress so much about cardio. I realised (after FOREVER, as you know) that cardio is waaaaay over rated. Yes, it's good to do it but over all, all it does is burns calories, so as long as you stay within your caloric intake you really don't need to do all that much cardio.. just do what you can.
    Oh yes.. the hunger... I think it's natural to feel hungry at times. Just keep telling yourslef.. "I'm burning fat, I'm burning fat."

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    welcome back punky! go with your estimate and see how your progress is and how u feel after 2 weeks and adjust from there. preset formulas are a good starting point, but i think they suck in the sense that ppl may think it's a magic number and can try too hard to stick with something that doesnt work. if you're like me, just thinking the phrase "diet" makes me hungry cuz i want what i can't have. if that's the case, let's trade hypnosis services via telepathy.

Actually it was me that ate your old journal. *burp*

I had to douse it in sechjuan sauce to get it to be palatable to go down though.

Glad you started a new journal Ms. Brewster.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Hey Punky! nice place you got here!

Don't let you-know-who stink it up too much.

I said I have old lady knees, not that I was an old lady, lol !!
    oops

I kept a semi-calorie count, but didn't really total up anything else. Estimated cals today were 1100, were lower but felt hungry and ate carbs, not always wise, but I'm not always wise

B--low carb bagel, "lite" sausage links....no more of that crap
    L--low fat cottage cheese, strawberries, fat free yogurt...ate that while the rest of the office staff ate stromboli's and doritos, pfft
    D--chicken breast, stir fried in a bit of extra virgin olive oil with low carb teriyaki sauce, carrots and broccoli
    Postdinner carb craving...low carb bagel, sugar free raspberry jam, and then a few handfuls of Total Protein cereal

-Multivitamin with Iron, FOC's

Took the dogs for a walk then did 25 minutes on the recumbent bike, not too strenuous on the resistance. My knees and ankles have been achey the entire weekend, but don't really know from what. My cardio was a little higher impact last week and I did some casual jogging with the dogs a few days last week...doesnt take much to strain my lame joints I guess.

Not a bad "first" day.

Started out good..

B--1/4 c oats, fat free yogurt
    L--turkey on wheat, Healthy Choice tomato soup
    S-- few handfuls of Total protein cereal
    D--went to a local pub for fish and chips, yep, fried food at it's best. Was at ~900 cals before dinner, I'm sure I doubled that

MIV with Fe
    FOC's

Workout....25 min. on the recumbent bike + abs
    Last edited by Punky; 07-13-2004 at 06:12 PM.

grats on going off the sausages and taking note of your caloric intake must have been kinda tough eating healthy stuff while watching other people eat doritos and stromboli's (what's stromboli's??). i reckon you've done well with your decision to improve your diet (even though you had fish and chips yesterday hehe) as well as to do cardio. keep it up punky!!!

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Thanks! Stromboli is basically pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Punky
    Started out good..

Workout....25 min. on the recumbent bike + abs
    You forgot to write in the "fish and chip" curls!

in all seriousness, Hang in there. You're doing great. It just takes time.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Read the last one but never posted.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

MMMM..........JUNK FOOD. *eats cinnamon pop tart*
    Last edited by Shane; 07-14-2004 at 03:57 PM.

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Rene...thanks for reminding of those extra curls. Butthead.

Shane...mmmm...poptarts

Hi Soba and Justin! Thanks for stopping by!

Today was a "fish&chip" curl-free day. Only ~770 cals today, but I'm really not hungry. Imagine that.

B--protein shake
    L--turkey on low carb wheat bagel with mustard
    S--protein shake
    D--omelet...1 egg, 3 egg whites, turkey, low carb wheat bagel with sugar free rasp. jam

-multivitamin with iron
    -FOC's

Workout

Supersets:
    1. Chest Fly--12 x 15lb db's, 10x20's, 8x20's; tried 25's...still too heavy for me
    2. Chest Press--12x15's, 10x20's, 8x20's; 25's too heavy here too

3. Lying Lat Pullover--12x15lb db, 10x20lb, 8x25lb
    4. Double Arm Rows--12x15's, 10x20's, 8x25's

5. Seated Rear Fly--12x5's, 10x5's, 8x8's...shoulders are weak
    6. Side Laterals--12x5's, 10x5's, 8x8's
    7. Front Raises--12x5's, 10x5's 8x8's

8. Tricep Kickbacks--12x5's, 10x8's, 8x10's
    9. Overhead Tricep Ext--12x15lb db, 10x20lb, 8x20lb

10. Hammer Curl--12x12's, 10x15's, 8x15's; tried 20lb db's...still too heavy
    11. Trad. Curls--12x12's, 10x15's, 8x15's

Was gonna ride the bike too, but figured my cals were low today so didn't push it. My knee needs a day of rest too.

No clue what workout I'm doing tomorrow. I'll figure it out tomorrow.
    Last edited by Punky; 07-15-2004 at 05:25 PM.

It's the effort that counts.

Nice going, P.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

OMG you're using the same weights as Cathe! GOOD JOB!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    OMG you're using the same weights as Cathe! GOOD JOB!
    It's the pop tarts. They are the wonder food.

My Journal

Nothing entirely accurate to post today, and my diet wasnt stellar either.

B--low carb wheat bagel, turkey
    S--1/3 c low fat cottage cheese
    L--Total protein cereal, skim milk
    S--uh, 2 servings doritos (300 cals, damn me to hell)
    D--had a pasta craving for some reason and I really dont even like pasta too much....just thru together whatever I had at home...spinach fettucini, chicken breast, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, mozz. cheese. It was excellent and I didn't stuff myself, but no clue how many cals. I was at 870 before dinner.

I want to do a short cardio session later after I digest, but my knee feels funky today so we'll see.

Later,

Stacy
    Last edited by Punky; 07-15-2004 at 04:12 PM.