Thread: How exactly does fat leave the body?

Wannabebig Member

How exactly does fat leave the body?

Okay my question is How does fat leave the body,i've thought of many ways but i doubt any of them are true.Is there more than one way? And if you were to be on a strict diet of eating only salad/fresh peppers/and cucumbers,with water of course.How much weight/body fat will be lost a week,on average? Is fatloss rapid for people with different body fat percentages.Like if i have 34% bodyfat (which indeed i dont) am i liable to lose fat quicker than somebody with 25%? While staying on a strict diet. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dramafades
    Okay my question is How does fat leave the body,i've thought of many ways but i doubt any of them are true.Is there more than one way? And if you were to be on a strict diet of eating only salad/fresh peppers/and cucumbers,with water of course.How much weight/body fat will be lost a week,on average? Is fatloss rapid for people with different body fat percentages.Like if i have 34% bodyfat (which indeed i dont) am i liable to lose fat quicker than somebody with 25%? While staying on a strict diet. Thanks in advance!
    Fat leaves the body as heat when it is broken down and used for energy. Otherwise its stored in fat cells. If there was a mechanism whereby we could excrete fat we would all be very happy during cuts

On the crazy diet you just suggested you would initially see a crash in bodyweight as fat and muscle are used up. Then you would see a crash in metabilic rate as your body decides you are starving to death and tries to preseve all your bodyfat. Weightloss will slow dramatically.

At 34% BF you will very likely lose weight (and fat and muscle) faster than a 25% BF person yes, all things being equal. however the more you lose, the slower the loss becomes.

There is a lot more you need to read about how to lose fat. An important distinction is losing fat, whilst maintaining muscle. This will result in a weight loss, yes, but only of primarily fat. Which is good (for someone at 34% fat)

There are tons of articles written on how to lose weight sensibly and steadily. Once you hit 15% BF then its time to start getting a little more serious and finding ways to maintain fatloss without sever muscle loss.
    have a search on the forums for "cutting diets", "fat loss diets". Dont get sucked into hype and products. You can lose it all with just whole food and your mouth and exercise

Good luck.
    Augs
    Last edited by Augury; 07-13-2004 at 08:19 PM.

I've read many times that fat is excreted through the kidneys. Or at least the metabolites of fat as the fat is used for energy. Is this incorrect?
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Wannabebig Member
    Okay well Im definatly not 34% bf i just said that for the question but im in between 20-27% and i have till early september to lose as much as possible,and i dont care if i lose muscle because honestly,i have alot of it just this fat on me is making me look like Chris Farley,well more of a Ron Jeremy but you know what i mean.All i want is to go to school in september without all the weight i had last year,and i made a promise to myself,if i dont lose the fat.Im not going to school idc if i miss weeks of school i wont go. If i lose the fat though,im positive ill still look built,and to prove it,when i do lose the fat ill send alot of pics for all you to see.About the "crazy diet" you commented on...If i stick to that for 2 weeks,will my weight/bf drop? thats all i wanna know,and im up for it,but if i do feel any sign of pain or something i shouldnt feel ill definately act upon it.Now,fat burns,by heat? well it gets turned into heat is that what your saying? I've been thinking the whole time that you **** it out. So my intense cardio isnt worth doing unless i build up enough sweat/heat? My heart rate goes up yeah,and i sweat a little,but then i stop after i lose alot of breath,simultanious times.If theres anything you can say or do to help me with this process...Please email me at longislanders35@hotmail.com or AIM me at fyuocuk022... Thank you in advance!

Wannabebig Member
    and where it says ****...i mean...Sh!t/or crap if that doesnt show up/or poop also lol

erm, no. i think you misunderstood my post. i emant that fat gets used to create energy for the body. It is released from fat cells and is used in many processes that EVENTUALLY end up with you being warm. Every human is warm and thus we are always losing heat. This is where all the energy our body produces eventually goes (mechanical energy aside). I wasnt saying that if you get hot you will lose fat (although raising the body temperature does speed up chemical reactions but your body will just activate mechanisms to lower the body temp anyhow so you dont die). You asked where fat goes. It dosnt get **** out It gets burned up...used up like petrol in a car. The thing is most fat people are simply eating more calories than they need to burn to do the things they do all day long and so the excess is stored as bodyfat. Our bodies are very food at doing that. Eating less fat does not get rid of fat. Eating less calories than you use WILL get rid of fat (eventually).

Seriously...just do a search on the site here for cutting diets and follow the simplest one that includes weights and cardio. Once you get to 15% bodyfat . only then should you concider doing a "crazy diet" to get from there to single digits.

Augs

~Justin~

Look good by next Semester

FYI:
    Fat leaves the body after being excreted from fat cells. This means that it leaves through forms of liquid, here's your options of fat exits:
    > Sweat
    > blood
    > Urine
    Considering that you're not getting Liposuction, or trading your blood immediately after a hard workout. lol.

Soo work out hard, run more (more than 20 minutes = every minute after 20 minutes is fat burning because the initial 20 is just warm up and burn the "ready to go energy/cal" you need to tap into your reserve calories (aka:fat). Go on a better diet, veggies, fruits, and no red meat, chicken and fish.. if you drink soda.. stop.. start to love water, tea, and black coffee, no more sugar in anything! but one soda a week won't hurt you.. not daily, or else it will. This is why American's have a hard time losing weight, bad foods and drinks that taste good are available and cheap everywhere.. water is cheap too and so are apples/banana's/etc.

you need to sweat and when you're done, take a shower as fast as you can, rinse off all that sweat that is filled with small fat particles, DON'T let it dry back into your skin and body, stay hydrated so you pee more too, during and after that workout.

Don't go into starvation mode. eat your normal calories but fill it with HEATHLY food and WATER. you will shed fat and muscle will retain, you'll look great by next school semester, only takes 3-4 months for HUGE change.. Heck you'll look great before summer hits, for all those ladies you want attention from..

Last thing to remember, 3500 Calories per pound of fat, 1 hour of running/jogging is about 1000 calories.. Run about 3x week (45 Min-1hour) and hit that gym for some free weights. Make a calendar now and no more excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by jwh1986 View Post
    you need to sweat and when you're done, take a shower as fast as you can, rinse off all that sweat that is filled with small fat particles, DON'T let it dry back into your skin and body

....uhhh....
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

No wonder I haven't lost as much fat as I thought I should, didn't wash it off in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    ....uhhh....
    I heard butter is actually collected by wiping down sweaty cows. The whole milk thing is just a cover-up.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Wait, this whole thing is making sense, though. See, androgens increase the amount of oil excreted by sebaceous glands, which means they make you lose more fat.

This is why steroids can be useful for cutting!!!*

I knew there had to be some simple explanation.

*Just be sure to keep wiping your face
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    So would gas prices go down if we took the acne towels of pubescent teens and rang them out?
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

Banned
    I came into this thread expecting someone to say "poop" but instead read this:

take a shower as fast as you can, rinse off all that sweat that is filled with small fat particles, DON'T let it dry back into your skin and body
    expectations exceeded

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thecityalive View Post
    So would gas prices go down if we took the acne towels of pubescent teens and rang them out?

The energy from fat leaves the body in many form. As to the molecules themselves, when fat is use as a normal source of energy: the carbon itself leaves as CO2, then the hydrogen and oxygen leaves as H2O.

The energy itself from the enzymatic reactions leave as heat and mechanical movement and a ton of other cellular processes requiring ATP.

When the enzymes governing the normal use of fats are overloaded, there is a production of ketones. Those usually appear on low-carb normal fat diets, or after eating a lot of quickly assimilated fats (called short-chain fatty acids). Ketones can be used as a source of energy, not unlike carbs and fats. Unused ketones can leave through urine, sweat and breath. This is the closest thing to peeing fat.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by jwh1986 View Post
    FYI:

you need to sweat and when you're done, take a shower as fast as you can, rinse off all that sweat that is filled with small fat particles, DON'T let it dry back into your skin and body, stay hydrated so you pee more too, during and after that workout.

I KNEW there was a secret the pros were keeping from the rest of us. 5% bodyfat here I come...
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-18-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Sounds plausible enough to me. I wonder if we can extrapolate to suggest that muscle could be gained underneath a steak blanket?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Wait... they make blankets out of STEAK????

Want.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Wait... they make blankets out of STEAK????

Want.
    <3 the steak blanket

Believe it or not, I had a similar thought. I did a google image search for "steak blanket", but then to my horror realized I was at work. Thankfully (albeit still somewhat unfortunately), nothing salacious came up.

Wannabebig New Member
    I think proper exercise and strict diet helps in to reduce fat.

Quote Originally Posted by niharika View Post
    Thanks for that. It's all so very clear now.
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by niharika View Post
    HOLLA
    My Journal My FatDay

Wannabebig New Member
    This thread gets funnier by the moment, and I've registered only to say that.

Wannabebig Member
    Last edited by spinchien; 10-03-2012 at 11:28 AM.