The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Problem after switching routines

Up until Monday I was on a split similar to the WBB routines. I've done this routine for about 2 months.

R1
    Monday: Chest/Back
    Wednesday: Legs
    Friday: Shoulder/Tricep/Bicep

I switched to the following routine on Monday.

R2
    Monday: Back/Bicep
    Wednesday: Chest/Shoulder/Tricep
    Friday: Legs

When I was doing R2 for back and bicep I was using weight very close to the ones in R1. However today when I did shoulders/tricep I could only lift significantly less weight than I was doing before. Roughly 30 pounds less on the shoulder press for example. Is using less wight going to hurt me, or is it fine since I've used the same muscles a few moments before in the preceeding exercises? I'm doing all chest, then all shoulder, then all tricep.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    anyone?

Wannabebig Member
    Please!

The second routine nails your triceps on the chest/shoulder/tricep split. If your tris are the weaker link in your chest and shoulder movemebts (which all use tricep for the lockout) then I can see how you may end up losing 30lbs.

The question is in which of the three exercises were you losing 30? if it was chest or shoulders you may want to think again of a different split (the first one looked ok to me but there are far more experienced members here who can help with splits)

...but if the 30lb loss was in tricep isolation exercises I really wouldnt be too worried. The tris are already getting nailed pretty good and i would expect to see a strength loss in them by the time you get to the isolation stuff simply becasue tris are the commom muscle in all the previous exercises. The tricep fibers are already getting plenty activated and the isolation is finishing them off really.

Thats my take anyhow.