Thread: ****ed up lower back from sleeping?

Banned

****ed up lower back from sleeping?

my lower back used to be fine, sleep over at a friends house on the weekends, and lower back KILLS. now it kills me when i bend over, was gettin better, but did shrugs and squats today haha. so now i feel it nice. how does sleeping in another bed mess up ur lower back that bad? i can barley bend over 8" without going lol.. but if i breath out hard and go down slow it works!

sounds like a muscle cramp to me.
    I get these in my neck maybe once every 4 months, and in my lower back once every 8-12.
    time/rest = cure

Banned
    muscle cramp that lasts weeks on end?

I didn't get that outta ur first post....
    if its been more than 5 days then u should see a dr (not a chiro)

Banned
    ya going on what 3-4 weeks? every week it gets better. so ill just hope it out, doctor dont need to take more of my money

muscles spasms in the back (or anywhere else, but in the back and glutes especially due to the postural nature of those musclesm) can last for months. and months. and months. if they go untreated they tend to spread. they casue neighbouring muscles to sympathetically cramp due to unusual loading angles imposed by the existing spasms. Basically, things just slowly start getting messy.

Go see a doc. he will prolly give you anti inflamatories and possibly muscle relaxants. if you dont want to see a doc, go see a manual therapist and get some deem muscle massage done on your back. Also gentle stretches and the "on all fours flex the back, extend the back" exercise can work wonders.

Augs

Banned
    ya those stretches do work wonders. i did alittle strechin on my own and used some 35lb dumbells, a little striagh leg deadlift just enough to stretch em alittle. feels alittle better. hope im on the way to recovering, thanks

I have heard that soft beds tend to cause back pain. My mother has had back problems for a couple years now, and one of the things the doctors told us to do was to buy a hard bed. Im assuming it keeps the back straight (or as straight as it can be without being uncomfortable) as opposed to soft mattresses which may cause the back to be formed into an awkward position during sleep

Banned
    id say my bed is kinda soft, and when i sleep over at a friends, his is harder than mine, so maybe its possible my back freaks out going from soft hard soft hard lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlingMeter
    id say my bed is kinda soft, and when i sleep over at a friends, his is harder than mine, so maybe its possible my back freaks out going from soft hard soft hard lol
    I wouldn't bet thats the case. Make sure you're sleeping on your side or your back. When you sleep on your stomach it puts pressure on the cervical and lumbar vertebrae causing back pain later in the day. I used to have chronic lower back pain all the time in the afternoon for a few hours. Once I stopped sleeping on my stomach..it all went away.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Banned
    i sleep on my back, sometimes on my belly when iv had a busy day and cant sleep on my back.. side i cant do cause everytime i sleep on my side shoulder is ****ed up for the next month, then there goes lifting.. so i trained to sleep on the back.. but its gettin better now. stretches couple times a day, morning is still alittle hard on me but i force some weight into it and hope its better soon

Idling
    it probably wouldnt be hurting for so long, but since you did squats the next day, that might have worsened it I did hte same thing.. I pulled a muscle deadlifting and 3 days later I squatted even though the pain was still slightly there. Bad idea. After that my "slight pain" hurt like hell!