The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Back Spasms

Back Spasms

To start off, this sucks ..

A couple of years ago I was playing tennis regularly and my (lower-mid) back started really hurting me. I really had a lot of trouble moving it in any way and I finally went to see a chiropractor, reluctantly as I was only 16. He x-rayed it and said that my back was having spasms or something. He didn't do really anything for me and he didn't really give me any information about fixing it long term. His treatment was pushing down on my back and having me lay on this bed that kind of messaged me. It really didn't help things very fast, but eventually I got over it. I still have sculleosis and so my back has never been totally normal, but it's not a really bad case.

The last two years I haven't really played any tennis until the last month or so and I thought I really did a good job strengthening my back. I've been doing a bunch of Straight-legged deadlifts, good mornings, hypers, deadlifts, etc, being careful to add weight but not go too heavy (which I hate ... I love training heavy and I can't because of my back/knees). Well, the last month I've played only around 10 sets prior to yesterday where I played 4. I hit the ball pretty hard and when I serve I guess I kind of try to explode and probably end up kind of snapping my back there.

Anyway, my back spasms are back again. I think I can get over this one in a couple days, but I think that if I kept playing a little bit of tennis then I'd get back to where I started. I don't plan on going back to the chiropractor again because I felt like he just wanted to take my money and even when asked he really didn't give an answer to long-term work I could do. Do any of you guys have any advice as to what I could do to get rid of this problem for good, even if it will take awhile? Thanks a bunch ..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Eh, I haven't played tennis in the last 3 days and it's still bothering me ... what the heck?