The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Giving advice.

Giving advice.

One thing I have noticed on here is that when someone asks for advice on something, usually people will ask for stats some info before they offer up advice. But I have noticed the questions people ask are so generic.

I want to train without a trainer and get my advice here but there is a lot people will have to know before they should give advice when it comes to what exercises. I just found out I have pour feleibility and that seems like an important bit of info that is needed when giving out advice.

If a person really has no clue what they are doing or how to do the exercise properly, there could be problems down the road that could lead to injuries. I just think people who are giving advice should ask more detailed questions to know as much as they can before helping out.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not bitching and I think it is a great site. I just found out some stuff that I needed to know and no one had asked me when offereing help or suggestions.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaMAN
    One thing I have noticed on here is that when someone asks for advice on something, usually people will ask for stats some info before they offer up advice. But I have noticed the questions people ask are so generic.
    This is an internet message board. Without personally knowing you, how are we supposed to give anything but generic advice?

:withstupi

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Ask better questions? Most people starting out think they can just jump into it. I know what info to tell and what questions to ask for good advice now but at first I had no clue. Like thinking I could go without working my legs and not realizing it will affect me greatly when weightlifting.

Unless you have some sort of medical condition, most answers are generic.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

I suppose but there were somethings that I should have known before lifting weights that I never seen mentioned on here before. Or on the main site for that matter.
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 07-16-2004 at 03:26 PM.

Everyone just contributes what they know in a collective effort to help the thread starter with whatever concern they've posted. It's not a perfect system, but the best I've ever found and heard of. It's not like everyone's a doctor and can tell you every little detail.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

They should create a forum for newbies with posts of previous advice and they can go through it and cover a lot of the starting questions they might have. Compile a "need to know" list and some other starting out pointers. Nothing worse then coming on and feeling like a complete newbie and asking a question that was just asked a day ago.

Yes I know that is what the main site is for but to be honest I cam directly to the forum because I wanted to get answers without having to go through extra material on the site and spend an hr looking for what I wanted to know. Just a suggestion but I think it might be useful.

What specifically should or would you have liked to know before you started lifting weight that isn't mentioned?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Like I need to work my legs as well as my upper body and that flexibility plays a big part in how you lift. I also didn't realize I cheat so much when I am lifting because of poor lifing habits. I could go on but you get the point. These are things you can't ask because you just don't know about unless you read it. I know the ideal world people do research and read up on all this stuff before working out but I think we all know that is not the case for the most part. There is a hell of a lot to know and I still feel like I know nothing lol.

Having it broken down right here to look at and made simple can be a huge advantage. A lot of the stuff I know so far are from reading all the posts and a good number of them are things I could have used when I first came here.

Maybe you shouldn't be using so much weight to start with. Get your form down with an empty bar first.
    There is a perfect example. That seems like something you should know when first starting out. I actually never thought of doing that. I am pretty happy to have just read that because it will be a big help to me lol.
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 07-16-2004 at 04:45 PM.