The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Increase muscle density but not size

Can you increase muscle density but not the size of the muscle?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    :withstupi

i would think a given substance would always have a given density. Maybe only through reducing the amount of water in the muscle?? i may be way off though.
    MY RAW LIFTS
    OLD.........................................Current
    weight: 190..............................206
    Bench Press: 300lbs.......................?????
    Squat: 450lbs...............................?????
    Deadlift: 475..................................????
    Power Clean: 285lbs.......................?????

I think what your refering to is the fact that your body seems to be firming up.. what you probably dont realize is.. that you have gained size.. its just small and takes time.. so you dont really realize it. Your weight might not even have changed dramatically becaues your muscle has taken the place of the fat.

Wannabebig Member
    you could just do bodyweight exercises like pushups and situps etc. with no weight. OR you could lift for power and not necesarliy strenght on it's own.
    (power=speed+strenght)

but growing daily!
    Each muscle in your body has a sheath called the Fascia which keeps the muscle aligned. Its very tough and stretching it purportedly allows a muscle to grow bigger.

If it doesn't stretch theres a possiblity that muscle growth could occur and cause your muscle to be denser but theres also inhibitory sensors in cells which cause them to not grow when they're in close proximity to each other (many cancers lack this which is why they grow in big tight lumps).

I doubt theres any other way without genetic manipulation other then possibly not stretching and even then you'll hardly notice the difference imo.

Zygote

Christian T. on T-Nation posted one of those "quick tips" the other day that talked about this. He said that posing for 15-45 seconds for around 20 minutes, twice a week should make your muscles more dense and hard.

Here's the quote...

Today's training tip comes from Christian Thibaudeau:

Pose for Muscle Density!

Want to increase muscle density to achieve that "hard" look? Try an isometric-contraction posing workout. Using 5-6 bodybuilding poses, flex your muscle as hard as you can and hold them for 15-45 seconds. Each posing session should last at least 20 minutes and can be performed up to 2-3 times per week, once you get used to it.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 04-18-2005 at 12:15 PM.

Hello
    Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy occurs with an accumulation of intercellular
    fluid and non contractile proteins, which do not influence muscle force production." [In other words, size, not necessarily
    strength.]

"Myofibrillar hypertrophy on the other hand is an enlargement of the muscle fiber through increasing the density or
    thickness of the contractile filaments. Thus, myofibrillar hypertrophy increases the amount of force in which a muscle can
    produce." [Strength, not necessarily size.]

This has more about it-

http://www.strengthcats.com/JDallmusclesnotequal.htm
    Last edited by sidney; 04-18-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Bench: 1 x 255
    Squat: 1 x 345
    Deadlift: 2 x 440
    Dip: 2 x 90

Wannabebig Member
    yes, myfibrillar hypertrophy is your friend, that is what i was getting at when talking about training for power not strength. also check out www.defrancostraining.com read the article on why all muscle mass was not created equal, and then read westside for skinny bastards, you can change the leg day to a dynamic day, and then do legs on saturdays