The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

The value of reading peoples training Journals

Just want to share something with some of the newer folks who are struggling a little with the nutritional side of things.

A VALUABLE but often overlooked source of information are peoplesTraining Journals. Look for 4 or 5 journals doing what you are doing (bulking or cutting) and make sure those people say what they are eating, when and why. Lots of people do it (aka's journal, TheGimp, etc etc)...[i avoided plugging my own journal here cos thats just not cricket].

Point is when you read the journals you will learn so much. And you can ask the person "why why why" directly. if they cant answer why they are doing what they are doing then they are a bit mad arent they There are often some very valuable discussions on peoples journals where other board members challenge what they are doing and why. You can learn a LOT from this.

The journals are also a great place to make friends and find support. When you post on other peoples journals you will often find that when you start your own journal you will recieve support in kind

Augs

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I used to be really put off by the thought of trawling through someone's journal. Now the journals forum is the one I visit most often, and it seems I'm not the only one. You're missing out on a wealth of information if you've been overlooking it. People are often asking for meal plans... well there's a whole lot of them sitting right there!

From a completely impartial point of view I must say reading/posting in Augury's journal was very helpful in streamlining my UD2.0 plan
    Last edited by TheGimp; 07-19-2004 at 09:18 AM.

I can't stand reading all the fluff in journals.
    If peeps could do weekly or monthly summaries then it might be worth looking at.

But reading daily updates nestled inbetween so much ass grabbin and flowery talk is useless IMHO, makes it impossible to get the big picture unless you read pages and pages of worthless posts

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    I can't stand reading all the fluff in journals.
    If peeps could do weekly or monthly summaries then it might be worth looking at.

But reading daily updates nestled inbetween so much ass grabbin and flowery talk is useless IMHO, makes it impossible to get the big picture unless you read pages and pages of worthless posts
    That would be why i didnt post my journal up as an example lol. its a very well layed journal mostly hidden and nestled amongst piles and piles of meandering posts, childish humour and scathing remarks about the general public, cats and tuna. i like to think of journals as mini-soap operas....where not only do you get to pick up some questionable and uncoroborated facts but you also get a voyeristic glimpse into the curious lived of other humans whilst simaltaneously hijacking the entire journal (assuming its someone elses) and bending it towards your own diabolocal ends.

I really need to be an arch enemy. This whole forum is full of supermen and not nearly enough arch enimies. I need to work on my costume.

Augs.