Thread: Forearm pain when benching

Forearm pain when benching

As of about a week ago, if not less, I started getting pains in my forearms when benching, flat and incline. The pain strikes the second I'm done with my set. I've been lifting for 2 yrs and this has never happened to me. I fear finishing my sets :/

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ryan-; 08-11-2004 at 09:51 PM.

wuh mah naym iz?
    are your wrists cocked at all? I dont see why they would be but if they are this would put more tension on the forearms.

how do you mean cocked?

any who, i'll make note of my grip next time.

headbutting mirrors
    I have this problem as well. I've heard its like "splints" in the forearm, like how runners get it in the front of their calves. I don't know if "splints" is the word, but the pain is similar.

I have no solution, I feel the pain one I let go of the bar, and I feel it the WHOLE time I do curls. I stopped going so heavy on curls and started using cable curls more, for a smooth motion. After about 2 weeks of taking it easy on curls, I noticed my forearm felt better after a bench. You might just want to take it easy for a while, something might be pulled. Sorry, I doubt that helped, I am also trying to figure out a solution.
    give me gains or i will headbutt every mirror in the gym...

bring the pain...