Thread: I am still sick

I am still sick

Hey everyone, I have been sick for about 13 days now. I went to my docs and got some amoxiciillan, an anti biotic. Well, that did not work out to well. due to the bacterial being resistance to the anti biotic. I saw a different doc and was prescribed augmetin, a much stronger anti biotic. After a few days, I was feeling really good. But today, I woke up and felt like total ****. My lymp noids are all swollen and i have a fever. I am still on my anti biotics by the way. Any ideas of what could cause this? I am getting worried.

Well one question that might help out here is weather or not you still have your tonsils.

What happens is that when you get sick and take antibiotics is that it kills most of the infection. Well sometime what happens is that the drugs don't work so well so. Also your tonsils are a prime space for the infection to harbor, it will kill some of it but there is still a new infection growing.

This is what has happened to me in the past. I kept getting tonsilitious, strep, and other ear nose and throat infections. finally my Dr put me on Zithromax (because I'm allergic to penicillian) and wated till 10 days and re-perscribed it to kill any second string of the infection. Once I was healthy he scheduled me to have my tonsils removed and I havn't had a problem since then

Thanks Allie. Yes I did get them taken out. I use to get sick all the fuking time......but now, it is not as persistant. I am getting worried about myslef, since it has been al ong time....tahnks

I have came to my conclusion, I think I have MONO. I have all the symptoms. I am seeing my doc tommrow, so hopefully I can get some blood tests as soon as I can. I will keep yal updated.

What you have does sound viral to me. Sometimes people also get better with bacterial infections if they take Bactrim or azithromycin instead of a penicillin or cephalosporin. Hope you get to feeling better. BTW, you been smooching on somebody new? LOL

LOLOLOLOL delphi doc, nope man, im a one woman man. I got a blood test today, so I will know if there is anythign wrong. You probaby are right about it being viral. I think it was bacterial at first, and for some odd reason, it went away and turned into a virus. Thanks everyone.

Can't really help you but I just wanted to say that I hope you get well.

I hope you get well very soon buddy.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Woke up saturday morning with a fever over 100 sweating like hell and wanting to puke my guts out i stumbled downstairs and wasnt able to do to much even though i had to work all day i worked from 8am - 1130pm what a day.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

just what is the function of the tonsils again since everybody is having them removed i suppose they dont grow there for nothing