Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first pics/post im ready to go!

Wannabebig Member

first pics/post im ready to go!

Well here I am, all 5'10" and 141 lbs of me.

I recently decided enough was enough. I enrolled in a nutrition class at my university which I'm finishing up this week and I quit my summer job which was making it impossible to eat enough for bulking. I plan to begin working out religiously the 1st of August.

My goal is 165 lbs by Christmas. My ideal physique is antek (man you look so badass).

Wish me luck and comments are welcome!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

EAT EAT EAT....man I'm 5'11 at 150ish and I look a hell of alot bigger than you. Are you sure you are 141 lbs? Well all I can tell you is 165lbs for u is gona be alot of work so eat everything in sight. Maybe get some kind of weight gainer (Cytogainer worked good for me). Good luck and remember EAT!
    "I do what I got to do to play"

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Yeah, you need to eat more.

No offense or anything, but have you thought about having facial reconstructive surgery?

Your lip appears to be five inches long, and itís on sideways. Also, it looks like your nose is really swollen (from an infection)?

hahahaa! but seriously you need to eat a lot more and welcome to WBB.

Banned
    good luck bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eat a lot man, and lift a lot thats all i can say........

be disciplined bro......keep us updated!

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks guys. I wouldnt be suprised if I am one of the skinniest guys on here. I am definately going to eat like a pig. My nutrition class has helped me understand this stuff so much better. I came up with this diet, I hope it will work.

Meal 1
    2 Servings Egg Beaters - 60 calories, 2g carbs, 12g protein
    1 Serving Fat Free Cheese - 30 calories, 2g carbs, 5g protein
    1 Onion Bagel - 210 calories, 38 carbs, 7g protein
    1 Banana - 138 calories, 35g carbs, 2g protein
    1 Cup Skim Milk - 90 calories, 13g carbs, 9g protein
    Total = 438 calories, 105 carbs, 26g protein

Meal 2
    1 Serving Protein Shake - 385 calories, 37g carbs, 34g protein
    Total = 523 calories, 72g carbs, 36g protein

Meal 3
    1 Serving Wheat Sub Rolls - 220 calories, 43g carbs, 8g protein
    1 Serving Lean Chicken Strips - 130 calories, 1 carb, 29g protein
    Total = 380 calories, 46g carbs, 42g protein

Snack

Meal 4
    1 Serving Protein Shake - 385 calories, 37g carbs, 34g protein
    2 Serving Whole Wheat Bread - 160 calories, 28g carbs, 6 protein
    1 Serving Peanut Butter - 210 calories, 7g carbs, 8g protein
    Total = 755 calories, 72g carbs, 48g protein

Snack

Meal 5
    2 Serving Whole Wheat Bread - 160 calories, 28g carbs, 6 protein
    1 Cup Skim Milk - 90 calories, 13g carbs, 9g protein
    Total = 328 calories, 65g carbs, 22g protein

Meal 6
    1 Serving Lean Chicken Strips - 130 calories, 1 carb, 29g protein
    1 Serving Mixed Vegetables - 70 calories, 0 carbs, 3g protein
    Total = 200 calories, 1 carb, 32g protein

Snack

Totals for the day = 3038 calories, 466 carbs, 212g protein
    Weekly totals = 21266 calories, 3262 carbs, 1484g protien

It should be plenty don't you think?

Banned
    man if you can stick to that diet youll be on your way...................

dude, meal 4 is a perfect post workout meal

IMO, I disagree with the above poster. You dont want saturated fat for bulking (greasy stuff etc.)

Bulk clean and stay lean.
    Last edited by Exnor; 07-21-2004 at 01:22 AM.

I have to disagree also. After reading through your diet, it looks like you have done your research and come up with a good plan, nice and clean, too. There is no good enough reason to eat saturated fatty foods (most fast-food, processed meats etc.) and ruin your life for the future. You may have to eat more mass of healthy food to achieve the same calories as a cheeseburger, but you wont be the one on medication when you're 50.

Good luck with your bulk! I'm hitting those abs harder than ever before after seeing antek's latest pics, man thats incredible!

Wannabebig Member
    looks like that guy deleted his post.

ah well. with this pic (and my legs aint too big either...) can you guys reccomend a workout or should I ask another forum?

I dont think I deleted my post? maybe a mod did b/c I was telling him to eat bacon double cheeseburgers, etc!? lol

My point was though, at his low body fat level, he doesnt need to be eating so clean. It may hinder his progress since the body uses fat as energy also.
    He may choose to add a table spoon of olive oil to his protein shakes to keep the fat "cleaner" (better for you). But with such a low fat diet and low BF he's going to struggling to make gains.
    Preface everything I say with: "For intellectual curiosity:"
    or: "A friend wanted to know:"

Quote Originally Posted by chris6969
    My point was though, at his low body fat level, he doesnt need to be eating so clean. It may hinder his progress since the body uses fat as energy also.
    He may choose to add a table spoon of olive oil to his protein shakes to keep the fat "cleaner" (better for you). But with such a low fat diet and low BF he's going to struggling to make gains.
    If he wants to stay lean but put on muscle, eating clean is the way to go. Nothing wrong with eating clean to gain weight. As long as he is eating more than maintenance it won't make a difference what he eats. Why not do it clean and healthy if he can? If you are bulking, eating less fat tends to be a better route. I've had better success bulking on low fat at 4000 calories than I have had of eating 8000 calories of anything.

He's going to be struggling at first anyway, but pounding down fat isn't going to help him. Eating cleaner and better, he'll have more sustained energy, better nutrient uptake and just be better off in the long run. Of course he needs to eat but eating crap puts on crap.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I was thinner than you before i started working out, i think a wintery 165 (if youve never worked out before) is quite a reasonable target. Good luck have fun!!!

I was 6'0" and 130lbs when I started working out. It took about 8 years for me to add 60lbs. I averaged about 8 lbs a year. Thats less than 1lb a month. Granted some of the gains were in spurts. But it will take time, be patient and consistent. Keep written track of your workout weights/reps and goals. This was me yesterday, relaxed @ about 188lbs. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...chmentid=12325
    Preface everything I say with: "For intellectual curiosity:"
    or: "A friend wanted to know:"

im in yr boat to dude

Bricktop dude, im in the same place you are my friend! been trying to bulk up for a bit now and im only about 130 lbs. 5 foot 8 .
    I just eat every 3 hours with something well thought out like you have done and am just seeing an improvement know. I dont know about you but 3000 calls a day is still pretty hard going! i have only just mastered the art of cramming in every last callorie. if you need a bit more help in certain things look up my thread 'skinny boy needs help'.
    Its nice to know im not alone out there

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks guys!

Chris: Why did you gain at such a slow rate? Didn't eat enough? Didn't work our enough?

quinn: hell yah dude. how many calories a day are you eating? i hope 3000 calories/day and 212g protein will be enough to put on 1lb of lean muscle a week.

I wish I knew what anteks routine looked like. I am planning on using WBB workout 1 but I know it wont get me where I want to go.
    Last edited by bricktop; 07-21-2004 at 08:57 PM.

i would sincerely doubt your one of the skinniest guys here
    i think you will have no problem at all puttin on muscle, im thinkin you'll put on more then lb a week if you got your workout down in the begginnin- the diet is lookin beautiful.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

A Fortnight Dead
    You think he's skinny?

I should post my pics.

I'm screwed up that way.
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

the biggest misconception at this site is that everyone here is huge already.. we're not all huge, but were all gonna be huge- some of us faster than others-
    how old are you man?
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Wannabebig Member
    No kidding? I thought most of you guys were pretty big. I rarely see anyone skinnier than me.

Jtyrell, Im 21 man. Sure don't look it physically so hopefully it will change quickly. If I could make over a pound of lean muscle a week with this diet and routine I would be jumping for joy. Man I can't wait to start.

Banned
    yo dude, ever think about using creatine?......i think its great a long with many others, you just gotta drink a lot of water.....w'tchya think?

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bricktop
    Totals for the day = 3038 calories, 466 carbs, 212g protein
    Something isn't quite adding up.
    Carbs and protein are roughly 4 calories per gram, so you're at 1864 calories for carbs and 848 for protein.
    Fat is roughly 9 calories per gram, so this means that your daily fat intake is only about 36 grams for the remaining 326 calories.

Is this correct, and are you intentionally holding your fat intake that low, or are some of your food items mislabeled?
    Everything that I've read points to fat and protein calories being roughly equal (meaning 1 gram of fat intake for every 2 grams of protein), whether you're on the 40-30-30 or 60-20-20 plans. You're running about 30% protein, but 60% carbs.

Once we get over 40, ya... fat should be reduced to 20% if we're on the 40-30-30 program.

Other than that discrepancy, if you're at 141 now and planning for a protein intake of 212 you're doing well... pushing 1.6 grams of protein per pound of lean mass (I'm assuming you're about 8% now). Be sure to keep your water intake up to ease the load on your kidneys.

RichLockyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bricktop
    No kidding? I thought most of you guys were pretty big. I rarely see anyone skinnier than me.
    Some of us old farts (40+) are big and trying to go the other way to an extent.
    I started working out in April at 6'3", 210x28%. Blood pressure was 143/93, resting HR was in the mid 80s.
    Today, I'm at 185x19%, blood pressure is down to 115/75, resting HR is 60, sometimes dropping into the high 50s.

Feeling great, and now I'm stepping up my weight routines and scaling back a touch on cardio.

Wannabebig Member
    Shoes: Yah man, I just wrote a huge college report on creatine monohydrate. Good stuff. I can't afford it but I'll pick some up after I get started. I am also thinking about weight gainer. More calories!!!

rick: i might have made a mistake. how does everything look? can you give me an example of what you think a certain food up there should look like? i assumed one wheat bread would be similar to another for instance. So i took these numbers from other sites and added them all up.

Sounds like youve been doing well. Congrats and keep it up!
    Last edited by bricktop; 07-21-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Banned
    good luck.