The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Ida Journal MAN

Ida Journal MAN

First workout at the gym I joined.

I did chest and bis tonight.

Chest

Bench press 140 x8 4 sets
    Cable flyes 40 x8 4 sets
    Dips x8 4 sets
    Peck deck 50 x8 4 sets

Biceps

DB curls 22.5 x8 4 sets
    Harmmers 22.5 x8 4 sets
    BB curls 60 x8 4 sets

Also did 4 sets x8 of incline situps/semi crunches.

There was this tool at the gym who was running around getting in peoples way doing 1 set of that one set of this. He even was going around doing things that other people were doing right next to them because they were doing it. He got in my ****ing way right in the middle of my BB set. I was in from of the weight rack ( one of 3 I might add) and he steps right in front of me so I had to stop the set. I was so close to asking wtf does he think he was doing. No one said anything to him but I think he pissed a few people off. He also had all his stuff like jacket and bags and **** in the workout area. I can see him getting a good bitching out one of these days.

Other then that my first day there was awesome. Thinking of doing back/tris tomorrow or should I wait a day?
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 07-20-2004 at 10:27 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Talked to the fitness assessment chic again and decided to get 4 sessions with a trainer. I figured it wouldn't hurt and it might be good to talk to someone about tenique,routines,and diet.

Today I did back and triceps

Back

Lat front pulldowns 85,95,110x2 4 sets 8 reps(cutting these out.Bad for back/elbows
    Lat back pulldowns 85,95x3 4 sets 8 reps
    Lat low rows 25,35 45x2 (each side) 4 sets 8 reps

Triceps

Skull crushers 40,50x3 4 sets 8 reps
    Tri pushdowns 40x4 4 sets 8 reps
    Dips 4 sets 15 reps

Abs I did incline situps 4 sets 8 reps and 4 sets 8 reps of crunches on the ball.

Tomorrow I do legs and shoulders.
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 07-21-2004 at 04:25 PM.
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Welcome to Journal land.

The Force be with you, young Jedi. (there should be a lightsaber emoticon.)

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Thanks for the greet! It's good to track what i am doing. I feel so special now lol.

*Waves lightsaber around the room*
    My Journal

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

I took today off (too sore) but yesterday I was watching 2 guys workout and one of them was the guy who is going to be training me for 4 sessions and the other was the personal trainer for Sidney Crosby, NHL's "The Next One". He was training the guy who is going to be training me. I was told they are great friends. Nice to know I will have a guy who knows his ****. He is also built like a brick ****house.
    My Journal

All I have to say today is that it was my first day with my trainer and he made me his bitch. I did legs and shoulders and **** he seems to enjoy watching me do 20 reps with as many sets as he sees fit.I'll say more tomorrow,right now it is time to go get drunk and wish i were dead lol.
    My Journal

Yesterday i did chest and bis.

Incline BB BP wide and close grip 12 reps 5 sets
    flat bench flyes 12 reps 5 sets
    Incline DB BP 12 reps 5 sets

Preachers 12 reps 4 sets
    Wall curls 12 reps 4 sets

Today I did Back and tris

Lat pulldowns12 reps 4 sets
    Seated rows 12 reps 4 sets
    Deadlifts 12,8 reps 4 sets

Pushdowns 12,8 5 sets
    skull/french press super set 12 reps 5 sets

I didn't list the weight because right now I am working on technique and form. I did deads for the first time today and I tore up my chins lol. Doing squats and deads for the first time feels like death! but it will get easier as I do them but damn it is killer the first time.
    My Journal

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Which gym you train at IDAman? Good luck with the journal and training!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

PT still busting your ass all over the place? But I assume you're getting used to the harsh workouts?
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Sorry for not posting or resoponding. The PT ended up being a big help and learnt a lot.

Except 3 weeks ago i fubared my lower back doing deads and went back after a few days off to do upper body and hurt it even worse. I have been off for almost 3 weeks now and woke up today and I was finally in no pain for the most part. Still some restriction but I am hoping to be %100 by Monday. I miss being in the gym! I'll be sure to post my next workout.

I work out at Yonge St Fitness.
    My Journal

Well, I managed to hurt my back muscle a THIRD ****ING TIME! It is actually healing a lot faster now but I plan on going to the chiropractor in little over a week to make sure I am fully healed before I go back to the gym. I must say it has been pretty ****ty not being able to go to the gym for almost 2 months
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 09-20-2004 at 09:13 AM.
    My Journal

Well, now that I am back full tilt, I can say it feels great. I do about 25 mins of Cardio before lifting and then another 25 after. I am tired as hell afterwards but it is worth it.

Today I did my arms and traps. Tomorrow I do my chest and back and might do a shoulder workout too. Depends on how I feel. I won't be doing much leg work for a while still. I want to get back into some sort of shape first. I became a couch potato since I have been off and I gained a bit of weight.
    My Journal

I just realized I am an idiot for not keeping up my Journal. But that is now going to change.

I was off for a year and started back in July. I am now double everything that I was lifting when I first started;even more in some cases. Looking back, I now understand why people keep these. It is so awesome to look back and be able to read your progress.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaMAN
    First workout at the gym I joined.

I did chest and bis tonight.

Chest

Bench press 140 x8 4 sets
    Cable flyes 40 x8 4 sets
    Dips x8 4 sets
    Peck deck 50 x8 4 sets

Biceps

DB curls 22.5 x8 4 sets
    Harmmers 22.5 x8 4 sets
    BB curls 60 x8 4 sets

Also did 4 sets x8 of incline situps/semi crunches.

There was this tool at the gym who was running around getting in peoples way doing 1 set of that one set of this. He even was going around doing things that other people were doing right next to them because they were doing it. He got in my ****ing way right in the middle of my BB set. I was in from of the weight rack ( one of 3 I might add) and he steps right in front of me so I had to stop the set. I was so close to asking wtf does he think he was doing. No one said anything to him but I think he pissed a few people off. He also had all his stuff like jacket and bags and **** in the workout area. I can see him getting a good bitching out one of these days.

Other then that my first day there was awesome. Thinking of doing back/tris tomorrow or should I wait a day?
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 11-01-2005 at 01:54 PM.
    My Journal

I have returned. Life happened but I am back and want to be healthy again. This is the beginning of my new journey....
    My Journal