Thread: How about a bar?

How about a bar?

An atlarge meal repacement bar would be something I would want to purchase. Sometimes its more convenient to travel with a bar than with a shake IMHO.

That is certainly something we are considering for the future. Once we launch ETS and Multi-Plus (the names for supp X and our new multi-vitamin product) we are going to start looking for something else to add to the lineup.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    You can use the powder to make a bar. Like oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, powder, stuff like that. There are recipes around the internet and they taste really good. =)

One i'm about to start using:
    3 scoops Nitrean
    2T heavy whipping cream
    1 whole egg
    8oz water

blend until smooth, microwave for 5-8 minutes (until bubbling is starting and top is firming), then let sit at room temp. for 20 minutes

Comes out too:
    79 P, 8 C, 30 F

How about YOU make that bar, and sell it to me, Lance
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Da Tejas
    I used to think I was chomping at the bit to get supp X, but now at the idea of an AtLarge bar seems even more exciting. Ever since I was given some free bars a while back, I have been addicted. I would appreciate it if you become my pusher.

Wannabebig Member
    Haha, sorry bud, i'm perfecting it myself. I don't think my wholesome ingredients will last very long anyways until it spoils. One thing though, the actual fat content is more like 18g's ... i messed up with the serving size on fitday.

So how does your bar tast and how do you mold it? Does it hold up pretty good? I might give this a shot lol/ I'd toss in some oatmeal though for a little crunch.
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 08-19-2004 at 06:02 PM.
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Wannabebig Member
    This bar i've only made once and i'm not going to do it anymore. But i'm going to find this other bar i made a long time ago, it was VERY good. I really liked it. I'm gonna find it, i'll post back when i do.

Wannabebig Member
    Ingredients:
    * 6 Egg Whites
    * 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
    * 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
    * 3 servings of casein protein chocolate Powder (Any other flavour could be used.)
    * 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
    * 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
    * 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
    Preparation:
    1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
    2. Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
    3. Find a baking tray approx. 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
    4. Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.
    5. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
    6. Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
    7. Leave to cool and then cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife

These bars are supposed to be great:

calories:336
    Proteins:37.6
    Carbs:42g
    Fat:4.6!!!!!

I don't like the OJ but the rest sounds good.

1 cup natural peanut butter
    8 tablespoons honey
    1 1/4 whey protein
    1 cup oats

This would make 10-12 bars.

Forget everything i posted above, i just found about 100 (exaggeration) more, so i'm just going to post a link. There are so many protein bar/shake recipes in here it's amazing.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=289074

id definately buy some when u decide to make em
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

I hope they taste like a Detour bar.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Da Tejas
    Any suggestions on a lower carb bar?

I hurt alot.
    Atkins bars are good. The tastes are really good and they have about 10 carbs per bar or so..

220 calories I think though...
    5' 7"