Thread: Metabolism + EC + Diet = ??

Metabolism + EC + Diet = ??

Alrighty... a few questions for the gurus here...

I'm looking for a non-scientific anwers here... (althought this all boils down to science... but hey.. you know what I mean... )

Please correct me if I'm wrong with any of the info below...

One of the fuctions of Metabolism is that it will burn calories while you are inactive. It will ensure that all vital body functions are taken care of... so basicly, the faster the metabolism, the more you will burn cals while your sitting on your a$$ watching TV... (all general knowledge stuff here... )

Question #1. I realize exercise can boost metabolisim, what's the best way to permanently increase it? It this a catch 22, where your metabolisim will be fast once your lean? or will performing HIT or running a few times a week, raise it better / more than walking on a treadmill?

Effed + Caffein...: Poeple will normally use 20E and 200mgC (average dose).
    Question #2
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Caffein help release "fat" for energy and the Effed, will raise your body temperature helping to burn this "fat"?
    Caffein can also help appitite suppression? correct?

Diet: Let's say someone eats pretty much the same 2000 cals or 2500 cal diet and has a clean ratio of about 40p/35c/25f.. can that person continue to lose weight? even after a few months (if they start at about 20%bf)? Or do they need to lower the cals, increase the cardio? (I'm not talking to achive a 6 pack, but to get relativly lean... sub 15%...

I'm asking these questions since we all know that the body adapts... and I'm wondering what the best way to keep losing fat is...

thanks,

_8_

Question #1. I realize exercise can boost metabolisim, what's the best way to permanently increase it? It this a catch 22, where your metabolisim will be fast once your lean? or will performing HIT or running a few times a week, raise it better / more than walking on a treadmill?
    There are only two ways exercize can significantly increase your metabolism. Weight training increases your metabolism because it promotes muscle growth. Muscle is metabolically active. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be.

High intensity cardio also increases metabolism. The effect of HIIT on energy metabolism is quite similar to that of many thermogenic supplements (ephedrine, caffeine, capasaicin, and Yoshioka). The thermogenic effect of these supplements is due to stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system. Thermogenic supplements affect every cell in the body, and thus have some undesirable side effects such as increased heart rate. There is evidence that HIIT increases the number of B-adrenergic receptors in skeletal muscle cells while having the opposite effect in cardiac muscle. This makes the skeletal muscle cells more sensitive to sympathetic stimulation while not affecting cardiac muscle. Therefore, the thermogenic effect of HIIT occurs in skeletal muscle and is due to the upregulation of B-adrenergic in skeletal muscles.

~(Tremblay &Doucet 1999) (http://fiordiliji.ingentaselect.com...1999mn=Febpg=99)

also see the sticky in the bodybuilding forum

this is one is also good (but i am partial )
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...highlight=hiit

Effed + Caffein...: Poeple will normally use 20E and 200mgC (average dose).
    Question #2
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Caffein help release "fat" for energy and the Effed, will raise your body temperature helping to burn this "fat"?
    Caffein can also help appitite suppression? correct?
    Didn't have time to dig up a bunch of info on this but here's what I think is true...
    1. Caffine will increase FFA in your blood, but this effect is not very great.
    2. Yes, caffine is an appetite suppressant
    3. #2 and #1 are not the reason caffine is stacked with ephedrine. In an ECA stack, the caffine inhibits protein kinase A. This increases the effects of the ephedrine. Obviously, the appetite supression is an added bonus.

I'm not 100% sure on #3. Someone may want to elaborate.

Diet: Let's say someone eats pretty much the same 2000 cals or 2500 cal diet and has a clean ratio of about 40p/35c/25f.. can that person continue to lose weight? even after a few months (if they start at about 20%bf)? Or do they need to lower the cals, increase the cardio? (I'm not talking to achive a 6 pack, but to get relativly lean... sub 15%...

As long as you are taking in less than you burn off, you will loose weight. When trying to get from the 20s to <15% BF, a caloric deficit is usually enough. It gets a little more complicated when you get into the single digits.

Sorry...got a little carried away. I've been reading science all night
    Last edited by pruneman; 07-21-2004 at 10:21 PM.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Wannabebig Member

Where do you get the ECA stack?

I am new to this and would like to know a bit more about the terminology used here. I know that ECA stands for Ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin. Where do you get it?

Absolutly great response pruneman...

Honestly, I was expecting a typical...

eat less = weight loss... :-) answer...

Wannabebig Member
    I did a search on Yahoo for Stcker 2 and got a link on the number one spot on the sponsored link and went there. They seem to have a lot of ECA products. Anybody has been there yet?