Thread: How do you get a V-shaped torso?

For The Originals...

How do you get a V-shaped torso?

Sup guys,

I"m trying to get a v-shaped torso..any tips/routines? Anything will help.

Thanks guys.

Lats - your lats are what give you the V-look you're after. Focus extra hard on your back. With time, you'll get it.
    Southern Pride !

Do a ton of pullups and lose a lot of fat.

Banned
    Do a lot of side laterals to give your shoulders width. Yes, this has a lot do with exagerating the difference between your upper and lower back. To imagine this draw a triangle with one of the three points pointing down. The two width points on the top represent your shoulders and the rest of the side represents your back width going down to a very small point which is the waist..
    Don't do any shrugs they will make you look round shouldered and take away from the look of width.
    Do wide rows to fill out the upper back width along with the chins.
    Do some close grip rows to make the middle back thick.
    Stay away from any exercises that build up the sides of the waist, you want the waist to be as small as possible to exagerate the differnce between it and the upper back.
    Do high rep back extensions to keep it tight..
    I've seen some very skinny guys make themselves look pretty impressive in a very short time by following this routine...

Mikey, are you suggesting you suggesting you shouldn't direct much attention to the trapezius? I thought well developed traps contributed greatly to look of a strong, powerful upper body(ie like the hulk...lol)? Do they make your shoulders rounder?

woah...deja vu

and do shrugs--heavy shrugs. they are good for the soul.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Banned
    Let me explain gibbs. The person that posted the question said he wanted to develop a V shape taper. Here is where it gets technical, he said he wanted a V shaped taper, he did not say he wanted to build a (very) muscular upper body. If he had said he wanted to develop in the other direction I would have told him to hit the iron more like a powerlifter/bodybuilder..
    Now, as far as making the shoulders look round if you are blessed with a wide clavicle structure then you can get away with having big traps,(GOLDBERG) and it will not take away from the ultra-wide look. I have huge traps but I have a very wide shoulder structure. The result is I still look very wide.
    All I am saying is if you want to look wide and you are not gifted with a wide shoulder structure then you need to stay away from shrugs because they interrupt the illusion of width across the shoulders.A flat line across the shoulders makes them look wide. I wish I could draw on this thing gibbs, so I could show you what I mean.
    Once again, I took his question as being literal, and I saw him as being new to lifting and wanting to look as good as he could as fast as he could..
    All I was saying is that if he used my method he would develop an illusion of a huge difference between his shoulder structure, upper back and low back. He would look wide, He may not have the heavy muscle structure of a seasoned bodybuilder but he would look wide..
    I don't want to argue Gibbs, but there is a method to my madness

For The Originals...
    Oh god..sorry guys..i asked the wrong question. Sorry sorry sorry..i'm not really sure what the muscle i'm looking for is called..(it may not be a muscle)..it's just one of those things that will look better if defined.

TO THE POINT.

I've lately been looking at fitness magazines and i'm noticing all these "models" with a "v indention like near their hips. The lower part of the hips. LIke when they sag their pants..you see on each side one line just curving downward towards the middle of where their crotch is. It's a line that really seperates the upper and lower body from each other. YOu get me?..hmm let me try to get a picture up here..if you guys know what i'm talking about already please help me name this (muscle)? And please tell me how do i get this.

Thanks a bunch and sorry for the missunderstanding .

Quote Originally Posted by Structureboi86
    Oh god..sorry guys..i asked the wrong question. Sorry sorry sorry..i'm not really sure what the muscle i'm looking for is called..(it may not be a muscle)..it's just one of those things that will look better if defined.

TO THE POINT.

I've lately been looking at fitness magazines and i'm noticing all these "models" with a "v indention like near their hips. The lower part of the hips. LIke when they sag their pants..you see on each side one line just curving downward towards the middle of where their crotch is. It's a line that really seperates the upper and lower body from each other. YOu get me?..hmm let me try to get a picture up here..if you guys know what i'm talking about already please help me name this (muscle)? And please tell me how do i get this.

Thanks a bunch and sorry for the missunderstanding .

Get your bodyfat below 10%.

Mikey - yeah I get ya