Thread: squats vs deads

I wannabebig!

squats vs deads

if you guys had to choose either or which would it be?

squats. I think deep squats hit your quads and even hamstrings pretty well. Deadlifts hit your hams harder but they really neglect my quads. If i had to do one or the other itd be squats. Preferable squats and sldls.
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Squats no doubt.

I do squats and not deads so Id have to say squats. I do SLDLs but I dont think that counts
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

That's a tough one. I'm going to say squats because there are both eccentric and concentric parts to the lift. Deads have only one part (pure deads, sumo or conventional).
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

i think you may want to get a little more specific with your question. do you mean if you could only do 1 exercise for your overall body, or one exercise for your legs. overall for body, for me, it would be deadlifts hands down. they just hit more body parts, and i feel bigger doing them. i could do deads and just do extensions and leg curls, and my legs would stay big. if however you are talking about 1 exercise for legs it would most certainly be squats. my legs would not be nearly as big if I just did deadlifts and no other leg lifts, as compared to doing squats and no other leg lifts. in my opinion do them both as often as you can, without risking injury.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Just get under the bar!

In my case, since I don't have a squat rack/power cage, deadlifts are it for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joey54
    i think you may want to get a little more specific with your question. do you mean if you could only do 1 exercise for your overall body, or one exercise for your legs.
    Agreed. If we're talking legs, it's squats hands down. Otherwise, my vote goes for deadlifts.

d34d5!!!!11!!!
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Squats. Going asstoankles means all leg inclusion. You also must have a strong back to help hold up all that weight, along with a strong core. So squatting is a test of most of your body's ability to hold itself up under strain. Plus it kicks ass.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits