The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

What are respectable numbers?

So I just recently started WBB#1. I wanted to try out the 3 day a week, compound movement style routine, as Ive been a six day splitter for a while. I was addicted couldnt help it.

Anyhow, I am starting out small with everything only because my body needs time to get used to these exercises, however I am still going real high intensity for me. I am defintely done after every set...however I am able to increase the weight with each workout pretty substantially right now. Im just wondering what some respectable numbers are for someone who is 5'10" about 185.

Since Im new to compound movements I dont really know whats is a normal weight. I was deadlifting with 205 yesterday (only second workout doing them) and I was definitely worked great. I was dead at the end. But Im just wondering if that is a pussy weight or what. If so, hopefully my body just needs the time to adapt to this new routine. What about squats? I can legpress 900 pounds, but squatting is a different story. Anyways, let me know what some good goals for these lifts are.

Thanks guys.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wouldn't be worried if it was the second time you deadlifted and you weren't doing record weights. Be happy that you have the sense to deadlift!
    As for what's good for a guy your size, depends on if you're juiceing, on supplements or are natty.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    I wouldn't be worried if it was the second time you deadlifted and you weren't doing record weights. Be happy that you have the sense to deadlift!
    As for what's good for a guy your size, depends on if you're juiceing, on supplements or are natty.
    Well right now Im not taking anything, however I just got finished with a cycle about 3 weeks ago. Im sure 205 is nothing, but Like I said, Im hoping its just because my body needs to adapt to these new compound movements. Ive only done the lifts twice, and Im steadily increasing the weight. So I guess I just want to know what a good goal is.

Banned
    For how many reps?

Wannabebig Member
    I only did 205 for 8 reps. 2 sets. I know that is WEAK, so thats what Im saying, hopefully it just takes my body some time to get used to it. I am steadily increasing though. This was only my second week doing the deads, and Im sure Ill be able to do a lot more on the next week.

The respectable number is whatever you can do. Set a goal for yourself and then work hard to achieve it. Then once you achieve it, set another goal. Just keep doing that in small chunks.

I know it's tempting to want to compare yourself to what others your size are doing, but don't worry about it.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Don't worry about the weight, worry about the progress.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Do that voodoo that he do
    Respectable numbers? More than you did last session.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

Don't worry about what weight everyone else is using.

Just record your progress and keep pushing!!

Good Luck!
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borris
    Respectable numbers? More than you did last session.
    Thanks Assh....oh, I mean borris...thanks borris...thats what I meant to say, ya thats it.

Anyhow, well today was my second week doing squats. Went up from 275 to 305 for 2 sets of 8, and couldve done more. But Im just trying to slowly progress. I just want to know what some good respectable numbers are to set my goals at. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinaddict
    Well right now Im not taking anything, however I just got finished with a cycle about 3 weeks ago. Im sure 205 is nothing, but Like I said, Im hoping its just because my body needs to adapt to these new compound movements. Ive only done the lifts twice, and Im steadily increasing the weight. So I guess I just want to know what a good goal is.

Curious what did your cycle look like?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimumGrowth
    Curious what did your cycle look like?
    Well, I was gonna do about 8 weeks of tren, and 10 of test. But due to money, it had to get cut short. So I was only able to do 5 weeks of test and about 6 of tren. I gained a decent amount...15-18 lbs while on, but quickly lost water weight as soon as I got off. So I ended up about 10 lbs heavier...all muscle basically. It was an ok little cycle I love the tren, however I just wanted to run it longer so I could put on a few more lbs. In September Ill be running a nice bulker.