Thread: Killer quads

Wannabebig New Member

Killer quads

Question: Has anyone ever seen a "killer quad" routine that goes something like this: Leg extension 4 sets of 40 reps light weight
    Squats 4 sets of 20 reps medium weight
    Leg press 4 sets 15 reps heavy weight
    it's a circuit program. I've seen it before and have done it before and my legs grew 1/2 an inch in 2 months. I just can't find the workout and I want to make sure I am doing it right so I can get the same results. The last time I saw it was about 3 years ago in Muscle Fitness or Muscle Mag magazines. Help!

Wont find it here bud. Try Muscle and Fitness or Muscle Mag.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Ready for take-off
    That might be one of the worst leg workouts I've ever seen. 40 reps x 4 sets, are you kiding me.

Quote Originally Posted by smanz5
    Question: Has anyone ever seen a "killer quad" routine that goes something like this: Leg extension 4 sets of 40 reps light weight
    Squats 4 sets of 20 reps medium weight
    Leg press 4 sets 15 reps heavy weight
    it's a circuit program. I've seen it before and have done it before and my legs grew 1/2 an inch in 2 months. I just can't find the workout and I want to make sure I am doing it right so I can get the same results. The last time I saw it was about 3 years ago in Muscle Fitness or Muscle Mag magazines. Help!
    It may have been effective b/c either it was a dramatic change in your leg routine or you had just started lifting during that time. Either way, glad it worked for ya. However, that routine is more geared towards local muscular endurance, and if thats your goal, then by all means bro. If not, you should design your own program. Oh and just a word of caution, I wouldn't put much stock in a workout you got out of a magazine.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Quote Originally Posted by thecaptain
    That might be one of the worst leg workouts I've ever seen. 40 reps x 4 sets, are you kiding me.
    its true that would probably be an awful routine for someone whose goal is power or size, but circuit training in general is more for the endurance athlete.
    If the poster is training for some time of endurance sport then this would probably be fine.

Looks like it'd be a helluva cardio workout. 'Killer'______ ain't always effective. Could burn you out before you saw any consistent results. Does remind me of a discus/shotputter's leg workout years ago in 'Athletic Journal'..a defunct coaches strength and conditioning mag. called the PTA workout; PTA stood for the athlete experienced pain, torture and agony going through the workout. The acronym has stuck in my mind ever since.

Here's one link just for the h***
    http://www.everythingtrackandfield.c...onConditioning

Wannabebig New Member

Replies to killer quads

Thanks for the replies I had the workout wrong, I did find it in some old workout journals. Still looking for a good leg building routine though. Could use some advice. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smanz5
    Thanks for the replies I had the workout wrong, I did find it in some old workout journals. Still looking for a good leg building routine though. Could use some advice. Thanks
    Here's your routine- based on two upper days and two lower days a week.
    LEG DAY ONE
    Squat
    Do calves as necessary

LEG DAY TWO
    Deadlift
    Calves as necessary

On either day you can throw in front squats, GHRs, Lunges, or anything else like that if you can still walk after squatting, or if you aren't totally exhausted from your deads.