Thread: Here a Fat, There a Fat, Everywhere a Fat Fat

The Prophet (Early Stages) Draven_Fenix's Avatar

Here a Fat, There a Fat, Everywhere a Fat Fat

Old McDonald had a Fat... or two, or three... but how did he know which one was bad or good?

Basically my question is of the three types, (Sat.) (Poly Un.) (Mono Un.), which one are good and which are bad. I learned it in health once, but I can't remember.

This what I learned in my nutrition class:

Saturated: Stay away from this. Consume as little of it as possible.
    Mono: Very good, lowers LDL (Bad Cholesterol) Raises HDL (Good Cholesterol).
    Poly: Good, but not as good as Mono, lowers LDL and HDL, so you total cholesterol is lower.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

aight cool thanks man

Saturated is bad, the other 2 arent so bad.

I dont think this means any are Omega-3. Which is what most people consider the one we should eat more of. Omega-3 may be a type of unsaturated fat, but it is a sub-category, so there's no way of telling unless it's specifically listed. Which isnt often done, on normal foods.
    Age 29 | Height: 5'11 | Weight: 176 lbs (a while ago) | Weight: 180 lbs (2-Nov-05) | Weight: 181 lbs (8-Nov-05)

I know that the bar I eat has 3mg of Omega 3 in it... I believe it is a fish oil that is supposed to help with moisturizing your skin. I may be wrong though.

Omega 3s,6s, and 9s are all polysaturated fats.