The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Be strong. Live Long.

any thoughts.....

Hi everyone!! I was talking to my friend and he told me that soccer players must eat 5000 + cals a day since they all train at a high intensity. I just started playing semi-pro and the game is more stronger and tiring. I know I should be eating more ( when I was playing in a lower league before I know I wasn't eating that much -- lack of knowledge about nutrition --). I am 5'9.5" and weight 155 at 6.2 bf %. I train tuesday and thursday for 2 to 3 hours.
    Monday, Wednesday, I run for an hour- First 30 minutes I run at a fast pace and the other 30 minutes I do HITT-- Involves more sprinting than jogging. ( pretty triring but luv it ). On friday I do weight lifting and I run for 30 minutes. On saturday I only do weight lifting. On sunday I play. Dont have a rest day cuz I want my body to get used to this routine first. Any thoughts of a number of cals I should eat? I haven't been counting cals so far but I know I need to eat more. Once, I ate like crazy and went to play and i did not even got tired and next time I ate normally and ran out of energy. I am asking you cuz I do not want to eat like crazy without knowing the number of cals I am eating. I wanna try counting cals. Any thoughts? Sorry for the long paragraph.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

eating 5k calories wouldn't give you time in a day to train *LOL*
    I can't imagine how your friend is getting that much food down unless he is just eating junk food.

The only way to figure out how many calories you need is to track it and your weight.

Be strong. Live Long.
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    eating 5k calories wouldn't give you time in a day to train *LOL*
    I can't imagine how your friend is getting that much food down unless he is just eating junk food.

The only way to figure out how many calories you need is to track it and your weight.
    Actually he counts his calories. He eats 5000 to 5500 cals a day. He eats clean food but in abundance. His biggest meal is in the morning so imagine the breakfast. He drinks lots of liquids so it helps to add more calories.

I'd love to see a copy of what he eats to total up to 5-5500 calories.

Hitting 5000 cals isn't that hard. I do it in 6-7 meals.

I'm not really sure what the question is ... how many calories you should eat? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight, stay the same?
    Last edited by Anthony; 07-27-2004 at 12:35 PM.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I'm cutting right now on 3000. Its very easy for me to hit 5k-6k. I've gone as high as 8k. I don't see how you people find that so hard. If you are serious about gaining weight you do what you have to do. I still had time to work 50hours a week and workout 6 days a week. Its all about priorities.

carlossalsa8, if you are interested in tracking calories you can do it at a number of places (www.fitday.com) or you can just write down how much you eat and add it up at the end of the day. It just takes a little planning and patience to calculate it all but its entirely possible.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield
    I'm cutting right now on 3000. Its very easy for me to hit 5k-6k. I've gone as high as 8k. I don't see how you people find that so hard.
    I merely asked for an example of the diet. calm down.
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 07-27-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Be strong. Live Long.
    I used to count my cals intake. I stop counting cals cuz i realized counting calories would not help since all I need to do is eat and eat ( compare with all the training I do) I counted my cals for a month and during that month I ate 4900-5200cals a day training everyday for an hour to two hours. I did not gained any weight but lost 2 pounds. I did not want to lose weight but I did. I know I have a fast, fast metabolism and with all the work I do it makes it even more faster. I know the answer you guys would give me is to EAT, EAT and EAT. I would be training even harder and the games will be more competitive, so I was wondering if you guys will help out to give me any ideas of a number of cals I should eat. Breakdown of cals if possible and which foods should I eat more in order to have more energy. Thanks.

This is a good question.

I've heard that you should take your bodyweight x 17 for your maintenance caloric intake.

If you are trying to gain weight, add 300-400 calories. If you are cutting, subtract 200-300 calories.

I don't think this considers someone who does so much aerobic exercises, but is just for lifting 3-4x/week.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9

Be strong. Live Long.

i am gonna ask him wut he eats and i will post it. But when we eat together, we usually eat lots of veggies. Every meal we ate always had veggies and either brown or white rice. It also had a steak or chicken. Lots of liquids and bread. He changes his diet so I will just ask him.

Be strong. Live Long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Hitting 5000 cals isn't that hard. I do it in 6-7 meals.

I'm not really sure what the question is ... how many calories you should eat? Are you trying to lose weight, gain weight, stay the same?

Iam not trying either to lose weight or gain weight. All I want is give my body wut it deserves. I do not wanna kill my body by training like crazy and eating little. I want my body to have enough food to be able to function properly. I know you might say if you train hard eat more but I just want a stimate of my cals intake a day of course adding all the training I do.