The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: belly question

Wannabebig Member

belly question

well i've been doing a lot of cardio for the last couple weeks more than i'm used to so i have seen a great improvement sofar but i'm still upset at my somewat flabby chest and my belly right above my beltline. i know running and ab workouts will help to get rid of my belly but is there anything else i can do or should i just keep doign crunches and crunches and running? thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you aren't dieting properly, the running and crunches will yield very little in the way of results.

Also, crunches will not reduce abdominal fat. Cardio can help, but you must be in a caloric deficit to reduce bodyfat, which is what is required.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    If you aren't dieting properly, the running and crunches will yield very little in the way of results.

Also, crunches will not reduce abdominal fat. Cardio can help, but you must be in a caloric deficit to reduce bodyfat, which is what is required.
    :withstupi

Wannabebig Member
    so less calories will result in the burning of body fat? sorry if this is a ******ed question i'm a nutritional nooby

Banned
    To lose fat, you need to be in a caloric deficit. You achieve this by a) eating less or b) burning calories through cardio or weight training.

At the end of the day there are two ways to see your abs.

Lose bodyfat
    increase the size of your abs

The first one will be responsible for 90% of the effect. The other 10% is from situps. Bodyfat comes off your whole body and so essentially, you will need to lean right down to ever see your abs. Some people have a lot of stubborn fat in that area and have to lean down more than others.

Abs = mostly diet + some crunches.

Wannabebig New Member
    To sum it up.

1. Like it was said before.. you need a caloric defecit but need to make sure you eat a lot of protein so you don't loose muscle (1g/lb or more).

2. Keep doing the crunches but make sure you include reverse crunches.

3. If you are not doing it already, use HIIT cardio when you do it and change up your method (bike for 2 weeks, elliptical for 2, stair for 2) This will keep you body guessing.

GOOD LUCK!!

Abs made in the kitchen,,,, god knows how i got mine i cant cook lol