well i've been doing a lot of cardio for the last couple weeks more than i'm used to so i have seen a great improvement sofar but i'm still upset at my somewat flabby chest and my belly right above my beltline. i know running and ab workouts will help to get rid of my belly but is there anything else i can do or should i just keep doign crunches and crunches and running? thanks
If you aren't dieting properly, the running and crunches will yield very little in the way of results.
Also, crunches will not reduce abdominal fat. Cardio can help, but you must be in a caloric deficit to reduce bodyfat, which is what is required.
Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me
Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me
ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino
A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle
If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.
Current FFFA Enforcer
:withstupiOriginally Posted by ElPietro
so less calories will result in the burning of body fat? sorry if this is a ******ed question i'm a nutritional nooby
To lose fat, you need to be in a caloric deficit. You achieve this by a) eating less or b) burning calories through cardio or weight training.
At the end of the day there are two ways to see your abs.
increase the size of your abs
The first one will be responsible for 90% of the effect. The other 10% is from situps. Bodyfat comes off your whole body and so essentially, you will need to lean right down to ever see your abs. Some people have a lot of stubborn fat in that area and have to lean down more than others.
Abs = mostly diet + some crunches.
To sum it up.
1. Like it was said before.. you need a caloric defecit but need to make sure you eat a lot of protein so you don't loose muscle (1g/lb or more).
2. Keep doing the crunches but make sure you include reverse crunches.
3. If you are not doing it already, use HIIT cardio when you do it and change up your method (bike for 2 weeks, elliptical for 2, stair for 2) This will keep you body guessing.
Abs made in the kitchen,,,, god knows how i got mine i cant cook lol