Thread: Doug Hepburn and an impressive drug-free lift

Doug Hepburn and an impressive drug-free lift

I thought I should post this here as well. Doug was a very impressive lifter. This video is of him performing a 380 lb split style clean and strict press.

http://www.wannabebig.com/vids/Champ.mpg

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Damn, Hepburn was the man. First 500+ bencher, too.

His book details all his accomplishments. He is a legend and was a great man!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Under Construction
    That press looked almost effortless. He kept it up there for a while. Quite impressive.
    Just one guy's opinion.

That's Awesome.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

3:16
    what year was that from?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

I'm not sure exactly, but I would guess the early 50s Body.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!