The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Best Single Excercise

This is a weird question, im not ever sure if general chat is the right place for it. If you were able to do one excercise and one excercise alone, 1-2 times a week, which excercise would you choose for the BEST overall growth. I would go with deads.
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    How many of you would go with "squats"?

Come on, lets see a show of hands.

lol i was thinking that would be a popular one also. Im assuming that most people would reply squats or deads but im interested if there are any others.

wrist curls
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    wrist curls
    NaH DaWgG iZ AlL aBoUt DA bIcEpZ CurLz y0!

Oh yeah, deads!!!!

Personally I like deads.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

deads for sure

looks like deads are the consensus. Has anyone ever heard of a person training only using one specific excercise. I heard something bout ed zercher only doing the zercher squat the whole time he was locked up

pound for pound its definitely the db curls. theres no exercise that directly hits the muscle as efficiently. its also such a safe workout that does a great job isolating the biceps.

Clean&Jerks

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Deads or Clean and Jerks might be your best bet.

I had two pick two though I might just go with squat and bench.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Deads.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    If I could only do one thing I would do bench... I'm obsessed with having a big chest....

But squats or deads are probably the best for full body growth....

But I'd rather have a huge chest and tris and small legs.....

hey, at least I'm honest

Wannabebig Member
    I would place a barbell on the floor, deadlift it, then hang clean it, then front squat it, then push press it, then back squat it, then good morning it, then do lunges, then do calf raises, push press it again, bring it down to arm's length, reverse curl it, upright row it, stiff leg dead it, put the bar on the ground, kick your legs out, and rep out on pushups. This one exercise done twice a week for 2 sets of 8-10 will make you HYOOGE!
    The reason people fail instead of succeed is they trade what they want most in the future for what they want most in the present.

"I ate the purple berries, they taste like....buurnninnggg."
    -Ralph Wiggum

Current max---Goal
    bench-275---315
    Squat-425---495
    Dead-475---550

Visit My Journal

Tie between deads and squats. Leaning more towards deads as they work more muscles and I can use heavier weight.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Clean and press.

I wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie
    I would place a barbell on the floor, deadlift it, then hang clean it, then front squat it, then push press it, then back squat it, then good morning it, then do lunges, then do calf raises, push press it again, bring it down to arm's length, reverse curl it, upright row it, stiff leg dead it, put the bar on the ground, kick your legs out, and rep out on pushups. This one exercise done twice a week for 2 sets of 8-10 will make you HYOOGE!
    :withstupi

lol....

actually I'd go with squats/deads

maybe clean and jerk... who knows =\ lets get them ems whatevermajigger things that measure muscle response or what not to a certain exercise and see what works the most!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie
    Haha, that's one piece of equipment not one exercise.

I'm going to go with squats cause since I started doing them (heavy, I might add) I've seen really good gains.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Banned
    Damnit hokie you stole my post from my mind before I wrote it, although it would have been better if I'd done it.

On a serious note, clean and jerk with dumbells.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    an exercise ive read about on t-mag called the bear its a combination of about 4 exercises

power clean the weight to my shoulders, then do a front squat , then as i explode upwards into a push press, then lower the wwight to my shoulders and do a full back squat and explode upwards to another push press, then lower the weight to the floor, and thats just one rep.

thats what id choose to do
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"