Hi,
I've been lurking here a while, and have really gotten a lot of useful information from this site. Since there's so many knowledgable people on here, I figured I'd hit you guys up for some advice on my back problems I've been having.

About three weeks ago from today I hurt my back doing deadlifts. I was stubborn, and a bit distracted because of some other stuff going on in my head, that when I went to squeeze out an extra rep on my last set I hit bad form coming down, and felt something pull in my lower back. It wasn't a pop, or a real sharp feeling, more like just a quick pull and a "you better put the weight down fast" kind of feel. I finished the rest of my work-out that day (back/bis), because I didn't feel any noticable pain during the work out. Around an hour later when at work, my lower back was very stiff, and as the day went on it felt very swollen right between my lower back and the top of my waistline. It also hurt down through my ass, but the pain didn't go any further than that.

I took off two weeks from weight-training, but kept up some light cardio work. Things were feeling better, and all pain in my lower back was pretty much gone. Then I noticed the second week after the injury, my lower back, a little big higher up towards the middle of my loewr back, would tense up and feel like I just got done a serious back work out. By the end of the day, it'd be fatigued. I went to a sports medicine/orthopaedics doctor last Friday about it. He did some X-Rays, and said that it did not look spinal or disc-related at all. He felt around on my back, and did say that I was having some muscle spasms in the middle of my lower back. He said that they were probably results from a muscle tear or a pulled muscle. Prescribed me a 6 day prescription for a steroid, and some muscle relaxers. Well, I'm day 5 of the steroid, and while the spasms are not as intense and frequent, I am still getting them. I don't get them until late afternoon, early evening. The feeling isn't really a pain, more of a dull ache, and a fatigued feeling. It seems to bother me more when standing than sitting. I go back to the doctor next Friday for a follow-up. He said starting this week I can return to my routine, but to lay off dead lifts for a couple more weeks, and go light on the squats.

If anyone has experienced something similar to this, or knows anything about what I'm talking about here, I would really appreciate the input. I'm mostly wondering if this is something more serious than I'm thinking, or if I'm just being super paranoid about something that'll go away eventually.