Thread: UD2 Work-out Schedule for Mass Gains

Wannabebig Member

UD2 Work-out Schedule for Mass Gains

Hey Guys - I'm about to begin the UD2 program for mass gains but have a few questions about the workout schedule:

1. Lyle's sample schedule for mass gains (pg 73) shows a high intensity workout on Thursday evening. Would this be a full body work-out? Also, is the "high intensity" referring to "pump" work-outs (i.e. lighter weight, more reps)?

2. Is the "power work-out" on Saturday a full body work-out?

Thanks,
    KJ

Both are full-body workouts
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

They are both fullbody workouts. The book mentions this.

The power workout *can* be split up into a couple of sessions during the day, but Lyle doesn't recommend it.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member

????

What is this "UD2 program for mass gains" and where can I get it, and how effective is it.

Wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by shippingandhand
    What is this "UD2 program for mass gains" and where can I get it, and how effective is it.
    The Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle Macdonald can be purchased at http://www.bodycomposition.com. It's a program for the average-genetic folks designed to maximise fat loss, while maintaining muscle mass (some will gain). The UD2.0 is aimed towards fat loss; however, the fat loss variant can be altered for mass gain, while keeping fat gain to a minimum. Whether its effective or not, I don't know. I haven't tried it myself, but the fat loss variant works like gold.
    Last edited by Pete_Sebastiano; 08-07-2004 at 05:07 AM.