Thread: Vanilla Opticen

Vanilla Opticen

My Vanilla Opticen always has a little "grit, little white specs that crunch when I bit into them" in the bottom when I'm done with a shake. What is this and should I rise out my bottle and drink it as best as I can? Also does the Chocolate have this?
    Love the taste of the Vanilla
    Last edited by Genacide; 08-05-2004 at 08:21 AM.

I have never seen this and I use it regularly. What do you mix it with?

I also find with Opticen that when I am drinking it from a standard size glass that it is best to use 1-1.25 scoops of it. If I use more it will not go completely into solution.

One more hint, I will always scrape the bottom of the glass with the spoon and then give a few more mixes prior to drinking. This gets any coagulate at the bottom of the glass.

We are glad you like the taste!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I mix it with water 1 scoop at a time. This grit isn't something that would go away with more mixing, it cracks in your teeth like sand.
    Any clue???

None at all??? I have NEVER noticed that. There is nothing in Opticen which would cause that.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I too have not experienced this either.

How are you mixing it? Spoon? Mine mixes with a spoon just fine, but I normally use a blender. You might want to try a blender and see if that helps.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

I usually put it in a shaker and mix for at least a minute and then everytime I pick it up again for another drink I shake it again. I believe that a blender wouldn't help, they are about the size of strawberry seeds.
    Amount of time in water doesn't soften it up at all. I have had this with every shake since I recieved it awhile ago. Haven't said anything before now because I thought it was normally like this. (I have tried a lot of different proteins and some of them were terrible and had seeds from strawberries in them)
    If I get a chance tomorrow I'll see if I can get a pic of what it looks like, that is if it shows up using my crappy digital camera :-)

i kno exactly what he's talking about, i use a blender, little white specs at the bottom, i always pour a little water in at the end swirl it around and drink- i always pretended that those were just the glutamine molecules that are heavier then everythin else in there, and they just sink into the bottom.

or maybe the secret ingredient to opticen is PEOPLE! ahhh
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Has anyone else experienced this? The only thing I can think of is there may be some constituent in the water you are drinking which causes this. As Daniel said, we have never experienced this and have never heard it from our customers.

In terms of the product going 100% perfectly into solution, nothing does, but to have strawberry seed sized hard crystals left over is something that has never happened in our experience.

There are possibilities, it is possible the glasses you are using are not very clean (i.e. your dishwasher leaves a bit of crud at the bottom). It is possible some element in the water you are drinking reacts with something in the Opticen to leave this particulate. It is also possible some chemical in the detergent you use to clean your glasses is somehow reacting and leaving a particulate.

This whole thing seems odd because I have never used a product which mixed better and left less particulate than Opticen or Nitrean.

I product does mix well except for the particles, my friend and I split a 2 opticen order and he has the same problem as I do. I mixed it at work, at home, filtered water, unfiltered, plastic and glass shakers, freshly washed and water bottles I have used for weeks and just rinsed out... same result.

I've had the same happen with a different brand of MRP. It's like chalk and has a bitter taste to it. I figured it was either a low quality product or it was the vitamins and calcium they put in it. If I leave it for a little bit they usually dissolve on their own. However, if I'm in a rush then I just deal with it. Do you have really hard water where you live Genacide? That might be it.
    Last edited by TBone4Eva; 08-06-2004 at 10:00 AM.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Nothing about Opticen has a bitter taste or seems cheap.

Genacide, like I said, nothing mixes 100% with no particulate, but I have never encountered what you are encountering in terms of gritty stuff. Maybe your idea of particulate is somewhat different than mine and thus the disconnect.

In any event, I would suggest you give the Nitrean a try and see if you have the same experience. Personally, I use the Opticen, but Nitrean is our best seller.

On my second Nitrean now and I will keep using the Opticen I have. The product is great and I love the taste. The "Particles" have no taste at all either, and my water is not hard at any of the places I have used. O well :-) I'll get a pic up one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Nothing about Opticen has a bitter taste or seems cheap.
    Yeah, which is why I intend to buy some when I get some funds.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Cool, thanks.

Banned
    its all about solubility kids! if theres not enough water its not going to mix no matter how hard you try unless you add more water or heat it up

now if you are using the recommended amount of water, disregard this last statement :P

I had that happen before with another type of protein powder. I found out when I was scooping out the protein, I had just rinsed out my glass and some water had gotten into the container from my hand.

The next day it left little pieces when it dried when I made my next shake. They were little hard crunchy pieces.
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

Sry still not good reasons why, I have tried with a little bit of water and a ton of water with very little opticen, still there.
    Also I always have a dry scooper and even if by chance the scoop got a little wet or a little water got into it at some point it wouldn't be this much and not every time I mix a shake.

Any other suggestions
    If not no big deal :alcoholic