The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

My Cutting Cals Dropoff Cycle

he folks, 18yrs old, 175 lbs, 12/13%BF, 5'9" here........
    Does this look like a good way to manage my cals for my cut that will last until the beginning of November....(Close to 12 weeks)

Week 1(this week): 2500 cals per day
    Week 2: 2400
    Weeks 3 and 4: 2300
    Weeks 5 and 6: 2100
    Weeks 7 and 8: 2000
    Weeks 9 and 10: 1800
    Weeks 11 and 12: 1600

Should the drop in cals be more drastic week to week? should i go lower than 1600 before the cut is over? like sub 1500?

My training during the cut is 30 min cardio 5 times a week, and an intense weights workout 3 times per week.
    "to live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffer" -DMX

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    by the way, those cals are eaten through 6-7 meals a day, my largest ones coming before and after my workouts...

I don't have that much experience, as I am only 17, but I do know that you should definitely not go under 1600 calories or 1500. That is just plain not enough, and you are going to be starving, and after the 12 weeks, gain a pound/pounds from eating normal. Eating 1600 just doesn't sound like enough. 1800-2000 calories is probably more managable as a low for you, but if you can make it with 1600 I guess you can try.

But overall the plan looks like a good idea if you can stick to it. If you can handle it than give it a try.

im on a 1500 cal cut, and its working for me, even seems my muscle is staying to
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raven23

Should the drop in cals be more drastic week to week?

*No*

should i go lower than 1600 before the cut is over? like sub 1500?

*No*

My training during the cut is 30 min cardio 5 times a week, and an intense weights workout 3 times per week.

*What you need to do is watch what your body is doing. Don't work off some pre-set schedule. If you can do the entire cut at 2500 cals then that's all the better (not likely going to happen, but you get my drift).***

Wannabebig Member
    thanx everyone. Vido, i was actually afraid of staying at 2500 for more than a week, i thought my body may think i was bulking or something....but ive read in many posts, and i get the impression that for my age my maintenence cals are in the high 2000's/low 3000's

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raven23
    thanx everyone. Vido, i was actually afraid of staying at 2500 for more than a week, i thought my body may think i was bulking or something....but ive read in many posts, and i get the impression that for my age my maintenence cals are in the high 2000's/low 3000's
    Well, if you're not losing weight at 2500 cals/day, then drop them slightly. My point was only that you should try to eat the MAXIMUM amount possible, that still allows you to cut.