The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    A Fortnight Dead

Early satiety -- Great for Cutting, Not so Great for Bulking

I'm not going to recapitulate in full detail my situation -- those unfamiliar with it are welcome to peruse my journal
    -- but suffice to say that: A) I'm severely overtrained (am working on this, don't worry); B) am dramatically underweight (you don't even want to know my tested BF%; and C) am male, 20, and have an incredibly high metabolism/activity level.

That said, I'm trying, after a particularly hellish summer, to regain not only the weight I've lost but also my appetite. I have spent far too long starving myself, wrecking myself, ruining myself; this cannot continue; this must not continue.

My problem now is that I seem to have little appetite for food. I seem to get uncomfortably full very easily, and I find that most meals simply don't seem appetizing or appealing in any sense. I should note that, for those who are unfamiliar with my unique biology, my options are a good deal more limited than the average individual's -- I'm fatally allergic to all dairy, nut, and shellfish products, as well as to most fruits, some vegetables, and a few assorted random comestibles.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any tips on dealing with this aggravating sense of satiety?
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    digestive aids:

full spectrum enzymes
    Betaine HCL OR Apple Cider Vinegar
    Probiotics (Acidophilus,Bifidus)

and perhaps a colon/systemic cleanse

I would have to assume your digestion is comprimised

RenewLife makes a really good cleanse called Cleanse Smart

I could never eat enough solid food whilst cleansing on it

A Fortnight Dead
    Thanks, Holto.

Not only do I have no appetite and little capacity for food, I also seem to get, toward the end of the day, dizzy/bloated -- legs feel weird, weak, and overall I feel....out of it. I'm a bit concerned about an electrolyte imbalance, given that I drink an obscene amount of water, eat very little salt, and use a lot of NoSalt (KCl).
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by _-_v_-_
    I'm a bit concerned about an electrolyte imbalance, given that I drink an obscene amount of water, eat very little salt, and use a lot of NoSalt (KCl).
    Eat more foods containing sodium then.

Quote Originally Posted by _-_v_-_
    Thanks, Holto.

Not only do I have no appetite and little capacity for food, I also seem to get, toward the end of the day, dizzy/bloated -- legs feel weird, weak, and overall I feel....out of it. I'm a bit concerned about an electrolyte imbalance, given that I drink an obscene amount of water, eat very little salt, and use a lot of NoSalt (KCl).
    I take it your medical dr has no theories on this

if you can I would consult with a Naturopathic Dr

what you are describing could be Candida or Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia

and if this has progressed into leaky gut you could have Candida in your blood which explains the weakness and lack of mental acuity
    Last edited by Holto; 08-12-2004 at 11:15 AM.

knowing your a carnivore for good writing

I suggest you check out the books these folks put out

very clear, well researched and to the point

I'm working on thier second one now

and you can find a series of Cleanse's here as well

http://www.renewlife.com/indexflash.html
    Last edited by Holto; 08-12-2004 at 11:20 AM.