Thread: Early satiety -- Great for Cutting, Not so Great for Bulking

Hybrid View

A Fortnight Dead

Early satiety -- Great for Cutting, Not so Great for Bulking

I'm not going to recapitulate in full detail my situation -- those unfamiliar with it are welcome to peruse my journal
    -- but suffice to say that: A) I'm severely overtrained (am working on this, don't worry); B) am dramatically underweight (you don't even want to know my tested BF%; and C) am male, 20, and have an incredibly high metabolism/activity level.

That said, I'm trying, after a particularly hellish summer, to regain not only the weight I've lost but also my appetite. I have spent far too long starving myself, wrecking myself, ruining myself; this cannot continue; this must not continue.

My problem now is that I seem to have little appetite for food. I seem to get uncomfortably full very easily, and I find that most meals simply don't seem appetizing or appealing in any sense. I should note that, for those who are unfamiliar with my unique biology, my options are a good deal more limited than the average individual's -- I'm fatally allergic to all dairy, nut, and shellfish products, as well as to most fruits, some vegetables, and a few assorted random comestibles.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any tips on dealing with this aggravating sense of satiety?
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    digestive aids:

full spectrum enzymes
    Betaine HCL OR Apple Cider Vinegar
    Probiotics (Acidophilus,Bifidus)

and perhaps a colon/systemic cleanse

I would have to assume your digestion is comprimised

RenewLife makes a really good cleanse called Cleanse Smart

I could never eat enough solid food whilst cleansing on it

A Fortnight Dead
    Thanks, Holto.

Not only do I have no appetite and little capacity for food, I also seem to get, toward the end of the day, dizzy/bloated -- legs feel weird, weak, and overall I feel....out of it. I'm a bit concerned about an electrolyte imbalance, given that I drink an obscene amount of water, eat very little salt, and use a lot of NoSalt (KCl).
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by _-_v_-_
    I'm a bit concerned about an electrolyte imbalance, given that I drink an obscene amount of water, eat very little salt, and use a lot of NoSalt (KCl).
    Eat more foods containing sodium then.

Quote Originally Posted by _-_v_-_
    Thanks, Holto.

Not only do I have no appetite and little capacity for food, I also seem to get, toward the end of the day, dizzy/bloated -- legs feel weird, weak, and overall I feel....out of it. I'm a bit concerned about an electrolyte imbalance, given that I drink an obscene amount of water, eat very little salt, and use a lot of NoSalt (KCl).
    I take it your medical dr has no theories on this

if you can I would consult with a Naturopathic Dr

what you are describing could be Candida or Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia

and if this has progressed into leaky gut you could have Candida in your blood which explains the weakness and lack of mental acuity
    Last edited by Holto; 08-12-2004 at 11:15 AM.

knowing your a carnivore for good writing

I suggest you check out the books these folks put out

very clear, well researched and to the point

I'm working on thier second one now

and you can find a series of Cleanse's here as well

http://www.renewlife.com/indexflash.html
    Last edited by Holto; 08-12-2004 at 11:20 AM.