Thread: whats better? high calories with cardio or low cal with no cardio?

whats better? high calories with cardio or low cal with no cardio?

whats better?

3500 cal with cardio (burn 500 cal) or 3000 cal with no cardio? or are they the same thing??

I think cardio will be better (especially HIIT) because of the continuing effects after the session is over
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

i forgot to say "in terms of muscle building."

Cardio isn't going to build appreciable amounts of muscle.

Are you trying to curb fat gain on a bulk? If so, you don't need cardio to do it, just pay attention to diet.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    Cardio isn't going to build appreciable amounts of muscle.

Are you trying to curb fat gain on a bulk? If so, you don't need cardio to do it, just pay attention to diet.
    yeah i know but my metabolism is not very fast and i cant get in the calories i want for muscle growth. so i was thinking maybe its better to eat more but do cardio...

Its better to eat more, and cardio, if you want to limit fat gain

Ive wondered this before as well

Look at Akas' journal

You do not need cardio to stay lean on a bulk. If you keep calorie levels under control, you should be fine.

Read the fourth post in this journal.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...217#post825217
    Last edited by Manveet; 08-14-2004 at 12:21 PM.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

oh okay. thx.

I'm with Manveet, although I do think you should do cardio while bulking to stay fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonl
    I'm with Manveet, although I do think you should do cardio while bulking to stay fit.
    yeah ill burn 300 cal walking on a treadmill everyday from now on unless its leg day or day after/before.

3:16
    Adding cardio will probably make you healtheir.
    you may get some extra benefit of increased insulin sensitiivty as well.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Cardio is always good even when bulking, look at the pros...

Go with the Cardio. Your heart needs a workout as well.

melt
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli