Thread: Olympic weightlifting

Olympic weightlifting

I'm at home today, and just watched a 237 and a 253 pound snatch. The 253 is a WR.

By a 139 pound woman.

This is incredible.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wow, she's got one huge snatch.

Forgive me, I couldn't resist. That's simply amazing.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Saw some womens weight yesterday. The chinese gold medalist was amazing. Even though she failed on her last attempt, she still made it look easy.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

275 clean and jerk.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Both the men's and women's team for China are impressive. Tremendous physiques as well.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Ya, Olympic weightlifting is pretty cool to watch and seeingm women that size lift so much weight is pretty damn impressive! Is that better? lol
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Welcome To Jamrock!!!! bIgHwN86's Avatar
    the chinese team is just rockin it..can't wait till the SHW start to go at it, i think the iranian guy is going to win put still cheerin for shane hamman..500lb C&J..damn...oh yeah when i saw the i think the 123lb chinese women clean and jerk i think it was 290 or something it reminded me of this sayin..

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"

Quote Originally Posted by bIgHwN86
    "no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"
    LMAO that's sig worthy

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

IdaMan, if one of your messages are removed and you are curious why, simply PM the moderator who made the deletion and he will explain it. No need to clutter the thread with further questions on why things are removed, as they most of the time will be deleted as well.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

The coverage is a little frustrating -

According to Yahoo and to the nbc website, mens weightlifting will be on between 3 and 4 EST.

So far, I've watched soccer, archery, and swimming.

Now, getting to see a little soccer was nice, and I've always thought archery was cool, but I'd really like it if there was some way to know more precicely when stuff would be on.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Man , saw the male gymnasts , they have mucho muscles , some even look like bodybuilders.

They must have been juicing quite a while , dont got any problem with that , they look very good !

The good stuff will hit on Saturday-- the 85kg's lift from 2am to 6pm EST on CNBC. Even though Dimas hurt his wrist, I'm still anxious to watch him lift.

Monday night from 12:35am to **** knows when EST on NBC will be the SHW's, where we'll see some real badassery....Hamman and Rezazadeh are two I'm going to be looking out for.
    Last edited by PowerManDL; 08-18-2004 at 02:23 PM.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    IdaMan, if one of your messages are removed and you are curious why, simply PM the moderator who made the deletion and he will explain it. No need to clutter the thread with further questions on why things are removed, as they most of the time will be deleted as well.

Ya, I figured that out lol. I just didn't know who it was.

So far I have only seen weightlifting twice being aired. I think the men start tomorrow?
    My Journal

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Men's weightlifting already started.

My Journal

Damnit, why aren't they airing it? Or have they?
    My Journal

They have on Dish Network. I watched them lift 2 days ago. Don't worry. There is more to come.

My Journal

If you go to www.nbcolympics.com, there is a schedule of what is on when.

It wasn't accurate yesterday. I'm not taping 4 hours of coverage to fast foward thru just to find out the schedule was wrong - so I guess I'll see it if it's on when I'm home and watching TV with nothing else to do.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Hamman probably won't make much of a splash as he is quite a bit off of the world's best. Hossein, or another lifter just may break the 600 lb barrier, but it is not too likely. I would LOVE to see that. I am definitely going to record the superheavies.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

580 clean and jerk from Rezah was impressive.

Shane hit an AR on his clean and jerk which is a great feat for him since its his last olympics. He is sold himself short not being a better snatcher but still awsome on the clean and jerk.

Dimas took brozen sadly.. I really wish he would have won 4 golds!

I have vids of all this aswell.

Kc

Is Rezah the Iranian guy?

Little stumpy fat bloke in a light blue lycra leotard.

He was immense. Dunno his name but i've watched him in the european trials and his lifting was amazing. I think he nailed a 263.5kg C&J. That may be what FI is referring to, not sure, sorry. Impressive anyway.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

That's the guy Chigs.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock