Thread: UD2 question

Wannabebig!

UD2 question

I am currently almost at the end of my third week of the UD2. I have dropped from 69 kg @ 19.5% to 67 kg @ 15%.

The book said during carb-depletion and carb-load, your weight fluctuates 6-7 lbs..This week my weight only managed to drop only 2.2 lbs during the depletion phrase and I'm afraid I might heavier than last week after I finish my carb-load/weekends... Im confusing, is this normal?

It happens. I remember on some weeks I didn't fluctuate as much as others. As long as you are dropping body fat and maintaining muscle at the end of the week, you're fine.

I have a question for you. Have you changed your maintaince calories at all? For instance, say for the first week you were basing your diet on a 3000 cal maintainence level, for the subsequent weeks have you been still using 3000? (or whatever maintainence calorie level you are using) Or have you been dropping maintainence cals steadily over the weeks?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Grasshoppa
    Weigh yourself after you finish the entire 6-8 week cycle for the bigger picture.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Are you suppose to adjust your maintence calories weekly to your new weight?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kozen
    Are you suppose to adjust your maintence calories weekly to your new weight?
    Yes

Banned
    Has no one else noticed that he apparently lost 4.5% bodyfat in just under 3 weeks?

Wannabebig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Has no one else noticed that he apparently lost 4.5% bodyfat in just under 3 weeks?
    My first week on UD2, I dropped alot of weight..Most probably from water, as I was previously bulking for around 10 weeks while loading creatine.

How am I suppose to adjust my maintenance cals every week?? When I started the UD2, I was 69 kg maintaining at 2800 cals.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_Sebastiano
    My first week on UD2, I dropped alot of weight..Most probably from water, as I was previously bulking for around 10 weeks while loading creatine.

How am I suppose to adjust my maintenance cals every week?? When I started the UD2, I was 69 kg maintaining at 2800 cals.
    My point is that at least ONE of your bodyfat measurements wasn't accurate. Losing water is not losing bodyfat, and thus has no affect on your bodyfat percentage.

2800 cals at 69kg = about 2720 cals at 67kg

I wannabebig!
    you sure are quick to point out to every single person using ud2 how much fat they are NOT losing...

so say bodybuilder lets call him vido is 200 lbs and bodyfat is 10%
    that would put him at 20 lbs of fat and 180 lbs of lean muscle (muscle, organs, WATER, glycogen)

bodybuilder vido decides to dehydrate himself whether it be for a show or for whatever purpose, bodybuilder vido loses no fat in this process puting him at

20 lbs of fat, and 175 lbs of lean muscle with a grand total of 195 lbs, please tell me your bodyfat % does not change.

Banned
    Ok fine, so water DOES affect bodyfat %...I admit I jumped the gun there.

That being said, one can't lose 4.5% bodyfat in under 3 weeks. Call me Chris Mason Jr., but I'm only pointing out stuff I believe to be complete BS. And btw, this was the same guy I called BS on last time, so if "every single person" = one guy then I guess you're right.

I know what you're saying vido. The weight loss should have maybe gotten him down to 17% maybe? figure -2-2.5%BF over -4.5Lbs.

If he measured BF% after Glycogen-supercompensation occured it could be possible, heh. Usually sunday just visually I look about 1.5-2%bf less due to the fullness that occurs after the load(assuming it was the right carbs and I didn't totally bloat. ). Assuming he stayed well hydrated and the carb load went well I can see that happening. Too much variation though from load to load, thats why I started measuring/weighing the morning before the carbload. If he measured initially depleted or normal, and the 2nd measurement was after Glyco-Supercompo then the measurements are quite believable, not to mention the extra water per gram of carb. BF will probably go back up a little bit temporarily though, after some depletion WO's.
    Last edited by AllUp; 08-24-2004 at 11:25 AM.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"