Thread: Full Routine - Need Critique

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar

Full Routine - Need Critique

This is my full routine, I need a critique on it. I'll keep updating it with each post of advice I recieve.

Bicep/Back

Pull Ups:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -

One-Arm DB Row:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Seated Cable Row:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -
    Set 4 -

DB Shrugs:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -
    Set 4 -

Front Pulldowns:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

BB Curls:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -

Preacher Curls (lever):
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -

Chest/Tricep

BB Bench Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Incline DB Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -
    OR IF NO SPOTTER
    Incline Lever Bench Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Cable Chest Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Dips:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -

Skullcrushers:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Pushdowns:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Legs/Shoulders

45 degree Sled Leg Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Seated Leg Extention:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -

Lying Leg Curls:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

Standing Calf Raises:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -
    Set 4 -

DB Shoulder Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -
    OR IF NO SPOTTER
    Lever Shoulder Press:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

BB Upright Row:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -
    Set 3 -

TVOs:
    Set 1 -
    Set 2 -

Abs (done mondays and thursdays)
    50 Crunches
    50 Raised Leg Crunches
    100 Side Crunches (50 left, 50 right)
    50 Twists (w/ weighted ball)
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 09-01-2004 at 10:51 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

id say a lil too much volume for your arms, for instance on your back day you have almost as many sets for your bis, a small muscle group, as you do for your back, a minor muscle group. I dont think you need both the db and bb shrugs on your back day altho that could be a personal opinion. I think youd be better off simplifying your whole routine a bit.
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

12 back, 6 bicep. Should I cut to even less bicep?

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

ya i was counting the trap movement as traps, not back. I dont know i guess if that crazy of colume works for yoy go for it. Just seems like that much really isnt necessary. Keep in mind your bis are getting hit secondary on almost all of your back movements
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Wannabebig New Member
    if you are going all out on leg day, you shouldn't be able to split it with anything else.
    Leg day should not be shared with any other muscle group.

So I would move sholders some where else

Mitch, I think you can gauge it as you are doing your routine. Nic is right on the volume proportion. You could add one more set to each of the first three back exercises. Then if you find you're loosing energy by the of the bi session, you can drop the last bi exercise.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 08-21-2004 at 04:35 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Bumping this up. Does anyone have any new suggestions?