The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maurice Greene

Hybrid View

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar

Maurice Greene

Am I the only person that can't stand this arrogant jerk?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I hate him so much as well as the other good u.s runner... i forget what his name is.

ya he bugs me as well.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Who was that US sprinter that got 2 false-starts and decided to lay down on the track for about 10 minutes? That really pi$$ed me off, it's not fair on the other athletes, and he should know by now how the blocks operate (move your feet and you're done for).

EDIT: not talking about the olympics, this was at some other championships.
    Last edited by edge-man; 08-23-2004 at 06:02 AM.

I don't remember his name either, but I know what you talking about. The truth is he did not have two false starts. There was a rule change where if someone had a false start, in essence all the runners had a false start and anyone after that would be disqualified if they had a false start. So, one of the other runners had a false start and then he had a false start and so he was disqualified. Obviously, he believed that was unfair. I think he could have been more of a man about it, but that is his livelihood. So, he decided to protest it that way.
    Last edited by TBone4Eva; 08-23-2004 at 06:19 AM.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Thanks, I stand corrected. But, he knew the rules when he entered the event.

Greene was very gracious in defeat.
    I was surprised. I think a big part of
    the rest of it is an act and a head game.
    Just like Ali, psych the other guys out.

After he lost, he not only said the right
    things, he looked like he meant it.

He lost.

I quite like him, he's up there with the best 100m runners ever.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

the guy who won has tested positive previously in his career, so..so much for olympics
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    the guy who won has tested positive previously in his career, so..so much for olympics
    Pretty much every one of those guys running in that final are doped up. The trick to winning is threefold: "Hard work, dedication, and knowing how to beat the drug tests."
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Pretty much every one of those guys running in that final are doped up. The trick to winning is threefold: "Hard work, dedication, and knowing how to beat the drug tests."
    Agreed completely.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

You can tell who isn't using: those who come in last.

I'm sure a lot of them have used gear. But I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of them weren't. I doubt that Warner kid is using. A longtime friend and roommate of mine was a decathlete while we were roommates in college. At 6'1" and 200 he ran a 4.3 40 (can't remember his competition sprint times) and benched 365 and he never used gear. He didn't even do any dedicated training other than lifting in the off season. Oh yeah, and he was white. lol
    Last edited by Shane; 08-24-2004 at 11:28 AM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    At 6'1" and 200 he ran a 4.3 40 (can't remember his competition sprint times) and benched 365 and he never used gear. He didn't even do any dedicated training other than lifting in the off season. Oh yeah, and he was white. lol
    The vast majority of times in this range are either due to innaccurate timing methods or exaggerations. Many elite national-level sprinters do not run a 4.3 40 yard dash. For example Ben Johnson was one of the fastest starting elite sprinters. He ran the first 40 yards of his world record 100m in approximately 4.3 seconds.
    Last edited by aka23; 08-24-2004 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane
    I'm sure a lot of them have used gear. But I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of them weren't. I doubt that Warner kid is using. A longtime friend and roommate of mine was a decathlete while we were roommates in college. At 6'1" and 200 he ran a 4.3 40 (can't remember his competition sprint times) and benched 365 and he never used gear. He didn't even do any dedicated training other than lifting in the off season. Oh yeah, and he was white. lol
    I doubt very much the accuracy of these claims.

For some reason I actually believe Kim Collins when he says he is clean. As for the rest, yeah I agree.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

I saw the clip where after a race he took his sneakers off and his buddy ran over with an extinguisher and sprayed the sneakers. I did think that was pretty funny.
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Yeah that was kind funny...

being from portugal , i was just glad to see obikwailu pass him up
    [UNITY]

Was sooooo glad to see him lose.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

He has bugged me, but he was pretty gracious in his loss. Said he did his best, but others were better that day and deserved to win. No excuses.
    Last edited by skyjumper; 08-24-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Down with the Sickness
    Maurice Greene is a disgrace to represent such a great country he is an ass.

I think if you had stated the accuracy like you just did there wouldn't have been any doubt.

Thats interesting about the max bench thing though, maybe its a regional thing.
    I can't rationalize the benefit of doing actual max benching though, but I supposed you'd have more experience at different places than I! I was just speaking from the 3-4 places I'd heard about (and the one I was at).

Geoff, sorry man, maybe I should have. I didn't think it would be necessary to post how they were measured. Actually the only strength & conditioning facility I've spent quite a bit of time in was our own. What I know about how other coaches trained was second hand knowledge from one of the strength coaches or something I read. When the program is set up for the next group of athletes there is a lot of time to pick the strength coaches brain. So what I know about that is second hand knowledge from the head strength coach, one of the assistants, or some other strength coach I was fortunate enough to meet (which admittedly weren't many). From what I hear, some do it both ways. But you also have to figure, some strength coaches realize that many of the athletes are going to want to test their max at some point, so it's better to do it under the coaches supervision than on their own. Of course, the counter-argument is if the athlete gets hurt then the strength coach may be held responsible. So some coaches will and some wont. But in the case of my friend, he did it while we were working out on our own in the S&C facility in the off-season. As far as testing philosophy, I don't think it's a regional thing. I think it varies from school to school and coach to coach. The strength coach doesn't even always have a final say in athletes exercise program. For example, here the baseball team did a circuit program that I thought was lame and know the head strength coach wasn't all too thrilled with. But the baseball coach has the final say on how the baseball players are trained and he's pretty old-fashioned. Since he's ultimately responsible for the teams success and makes the big $, the strength coach has to let him have his way. The head S & C here thinks a lot like some of us do. The smith machine is used to hold jump ropes and lifting belts, there's two glute-ham raise machines from elitefts, and there's a well-read copy of Supertraining sitting on the bookshelf in his office.
    Last edited by Shane; 08-24-2004 at 04:14 PM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal