The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Miss ABS!

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Hi, I need some advice!

I've got this whole new diet all set, except for my 10am meal which I eat at work.

At 10am I drink a protein shake containing 55g of it...but I read that you shouldnt drink or eat protein all by itself because your body will use if for energy.

So, my question is what kind of carbs or what should i add to the protein drink? I thought about flax seed oil, but what else??

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your body would only use it for energy if you have had no other carbs or fat that morning (which i doubt - breakfast should be one of the days largest meals).

Drink it with milk and get about 20-30g of carbs with it. And between 10-20g of fat depending on what kind you drink (skimmed or semi-skimmed or full fat even!)
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

You can find something to add,but whatever you add,don't use maltodextrine(like all the Mrp's).You can have a sandwich with whole wheat bread or something like that..

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    hey, Daddy - I decided to stop drinking milk forever because I dont think its a good source of protein, especially with 12g of sugar for every 8g of protein!!!

Heres why:

4 glasses of milk - 32g protein, 48g sugar!!!
    1 can tuna - 32g protein, 0g sugar!!!

Alpha - the sandwhich sounds alright but I was hoping I could just add something to the shake!!

Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm still waiting for Miss Abs' reply though - I think she is ignoring me 'cause I ****ed her off by saying that "thermos" arent important or something like that.
    I'm sowwy!!!!

alpha, why is it bad to add maltodextrin to your shake?
    LESS IS MORE

El Guapo
    why are you using so much protein? If you are looking for the calories, lower your protein intake and add some natural peanut butter in there. The fat from the PB is good and will be used for energy along with the small amount of carbs that are in there.

Tripple
    I never heard that you should not have protein by alone.... if you need the protein calories, eat them.

Although, I am willing to bet that you have some carbs planned for your day or some fat so I have to question why you would use a meal and only use just a protein source.

I am not sure how, after your attack on me, you are really expecting me to give you good answers, not even sure why I answered at all.

If the future if you would like me to acknowledge your exisistence at all. I would suggest an apology to me and your attitude towards me get directed in a more positive manner.

Never, never bite the hand that feeds you.

(I must have been hot when I wrote this- How to tell if MissAbs really wrote the post.---- more than 10 spelling and grammer errors..)
    Last edited by MissAbs; 02-23-2001 at 11:15 AM.
    MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

"Never, never bite the hand that feeds you"

Oh miss abs you're brutal. I like it. Marry me?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

If that is you in the picture and you can cook... you have a deal......

Giggling even a green card by the looks......
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

I can cook chicken to perfection, rice, poatoes (anyway you want 'um!), a good ole' bowl of oatmeal (poridge to me) and a killer beans on toast!

And a full slap-up english breakie for after big contests.

Do i get the job?...

Oh, and of course it's me in the picture. Who else would it be?....

Laughingl...yep guess so. You life will be easy considering I never eat that many carbs in a month...

Better write for directions.....

Can ya swim?
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

If you comply with my standards in the general chat then you can bet your bottom dollar i'll swim!

I think you should lift you own dam weights..AND you are suppose to cook (remember that was the deal)

Change your nick Swimmer........
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Oh alright then, you've twisted my arm. I will do the cooking. And if you insist, i will lift the ocassional weight .

Ok, so when do we get 'jiggy wit it'?

How fast do you swim?

LOL.....

We better take this soap, to email or the Hulky boy is going to give us the boot...
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Hahahaha....