Thread: working out twice in one day? how does my split look?

newb

working out twice in one day? how does my split look?

Is it ok to work out twice in one day if its different body parts and there is a 6 hour break in between?

I am a day behind right now and tryin gto catch up, here is my work out schedule right now

Monday AM - chest
    PM - 1.5 hrs martial arts (just drills, nothing really heavy)

Tuesday AM - biceps
    PM - same as mon

wednesday AM - rest
    PM - 1 hr grappling (pretty tiring), 1 hr drills/technique

Thursday AM - shoulders/tris
    PM - same as mon/tue

Friday AM - rest
    Friday PM - 1 hr grappling, 1 hr full contact sparring

Either sat or sun - back

Now right now my problem is that Tuesday I had company and stayed up late, so I didnt go to the gym to do bis and wed morning I slept in rather than just going to the gym on little sleep with a hangover. Then last night after grappling I was way too tired to get a descent workout. I should have gone this morning but I didnt so im thinking of going right after work (5pm) to do bis, then going again at 11PM to do shoulders/tris. I will be skipping martial arts tonight because I have to work on my truck in between going to the gym. Is it ok to go twice in one day like I am planning today occasionally when I fall behind on my sched?
    Weight: 190
    Bench: 255x1
    Squat: 225x8 (still working up to 1rm)
    Dead: 335x1

newb
    oh and I havent been on the board for awhile, I apologize if this thread is noob or ******ed and I should have searched.

newb
    oh I forgot to mention I do light legs on my bi day, I dont do much because my knees are kind of messed up right now and I dont have health insurance so I dont have much choice other than try not to put too much strain on them.
    Last edited by rerard; 08-26-2004 at 04:58 PM.

Banned
    Going to the gym twice in one day is fine, as long as you're eating enough and getting enough sleep to support that stress your body is being put under. I wouldn't do it all the time, but to make up a missed session like in your case, it's perfectly acceptable.

That being said, you don't even NEED to do direct arm work of any kind. Missing a biceps workout for one week is definitely not a big deal at all.