Thread: my WSB routine

BIG BOI

my WSB routine

monday im getting back in the gym and here is what i have planned...

monday
    1. squat - GMs - deadlifts
    2. front squat 3x10
    3. lying leg curls or pull throughs 3x10
    4. hyperextensions or seated GMs 2x10
    5. standing cable crunches 2x20
    6. side bends 2x20
    7. db calf raises 3x10

wednesday
    1. bench press - close bench - incline close bench
    2. db flys 3x10
    3. elbows out incline extensions 3x10
    4. front pulldowns 3x10
    5. front/side/rear laterals tri-set 2x10
    6. hammer curls 2x10
    7. gripper 2x10

friday
    1. speed squats 12x2 @50-60% 1RM
    2. hack squats 5x5
    3. stiff leg deadlifts 5x5
    4. hyperextensions 2x10
    5. legs out situps 2x10
    6. bb twists 2x10
    7. db calf raises 2x10

sunday
    1. speed bench press 9x3@60% 1RM
    2. db bench press 3x5
    3. JM press 5x5
    4. bb rows 5x5
    5. overhead press 3x5
    6. rev. bb curls 3x5
    7. db wrist curls 3x5

is it to much volume or it looks right?

please let me kno wha guys think im starting this in 2 days thanks

You'll have to play with the volume to get it right for you.

The key to the accessory and supplemental stuff is figuring out where your wekanesses are, and improving them.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

BIG BOI
    thanks paul... ill see how i feel on it and make adjustments

Wow lots of volume. I think it looks pretty good if you can handle it. I'm a pussy... I only do 3 or 4 supplemental exercises. I think the small things like the curls and calf raises shoulnd't be too draining if you have the time.. the routine looks about right. Do you planning on making boards or a box for squatting?
    Last edited by debussy; 08-27-2004 at 01:39 PM.

BIG BOI
    Quote Originally Posted by debussy
    Wow lots of volume. I think it looks pretty good if you can handle it. I'm a pussy... I only do 3 or 4 supplemental exercises. I think the small things like the curls and calf raises shoulnd't be too draining if you have the time.. the routine looks about right. Do you planning on making boards or a box for squatting?
    well im most likly gonna sign up at balleys because my dad wants 2 go 2 the gym also so i dont think im going 2 take a box with me... maybe if i see a low bench i can box/bench squat but most likly im just going 2 go as low as i can untill i cant go down anymore...pause and explode up .... kinda lik box squating..kinda...??

i might take boards wen i get ready 2 board press but for now because i havnt seriusly trained n a long time im just going 2 stick wit basic ME exercises.

volume is alot but i guess im use 2 doing both low volume(2 sets per muscle) and very high volume(20 sets per muscle) from b4 so its a happy medium. only thing im worried about is "failure" training. im use 2 failure and drop sets,forced reps,ect. and im hearing im NOT suppose 2 do that in this program. im use 2 going 2 failure and not hittin that muscle again for 7 days. this i hit it every 3-4 days so i will have 2 watch the failure thing and sets i guess.

thanks again 2 both of you for the help

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    The key to Westside, in my opinion, is the variety. Don't specify what lifts you're going to do. Just know that on your ME Bench day, for example, your accessory work is going to slam your triceps and you'll lightly work on the shoulders and maybe lats. And change the actual lifts up all the time.