Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Might As Well

Might As Well

Might as well start a journal, it looks pretty popular here. Current stats: My first name is Nick, I'm 16 years old, 5'10, and 240-245lbs. As of this month, I've been lifting about 10 1/2 months and I love it and will lift for the rest of my life, there is no question about that. Not too much compares. It's made my already decently big frame alot bigger and waaaaay stronger. I will try to post some pics, no promises lol. My maxes as of June 1st, 2004 are Bench: 300 Deadlift(only seriously going at it for about 2 months before maxing out):365 Sqat(only doing it for 2 weeks before maxing out): 315. I'm happy with bench, as I've worked on it for those months before school ended. I'm very unhappy with deads and squats, but I will make great gain when school starts. I have a great program that I'm doing when school starts, but as of now I'm just barely maintaining due to limited access to weightroom. I have a lifting parter, Josh, my best friend. He does Taek-Won-Do and is quite strong for his size. I spent almost all of those 10 or so months eating everything that wasn't bolted down and slower than me, but now I'm cutting and I think I've lost about 10 lbs in a month. Most of it is fat I think (hope lol). I'm also a big fan of free weights.

Current routine which will start August 27th
    Monday arms/chest
    Bench
    Tricep ext.
    Db curl
    Db press

Wednesday back/traps
    Deadlift
    Seated boat row
    Low-lateral pulldown

Friday legs
    Squat
    Legpress
    Standing calf raise

There are some ppl who think this will work and others who don't. But I've decided it will be kick ass so thanks to all who gave me their input on it, as I was confused on how often it was optimal to max out and should I raise sets or reps and other details. Here's the breakdown: Exercises will be done in order shown. 3 sets of 4 the first week. 3 sets of 6 the second week. 3 sets of 8 the third and 3 of 10 the fourth, starting over again the 5th week. I will max out every 8 weeks on the Big 3. After each 8 week cycle, I will take one week off for recouperation and rest and EATING lol. Then go back at it. Feel free to post thoughts and opinions and advice on whatever I say on here. I should update this journal.........who the hell knows. We'll see.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

edit: just in case that wasn't a hint, good luck on the journey.

Stash
    Last edited by Focused70; 08-05-2004 at 09:02 PM.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by SobaAddict70

edit: just in case that wasn't a hint, good luck on the journey.

Stash
    Thanks. It's gonna be a good one.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

I forgot to mention I will be doing abs and obliques on arm/chest day. Do hit these I will be doing russian twists, weighted crunches, and bench leg lifts.

I just got done loading and unloading a stock racked pickup full of hay. Damn that stuff gets in your mouth and up your nose and everything, makes you wanna smash the damned hay fork and take a break. No such luck for me as my grandfather doesn't know the meaning of "a break". Lol. Plus various other farmwork today. I do it without complaint as this helps me somewhat maintain strength 'till school.

My Exploits

I just thought I'd give some measurements: 17 inch biceps, 26 inch upper legs, 38 to 40 waist. Almost all of my fat is on my damned belly lol sucks.

My Exploits

I'm also cutting. It sucks a donkey because I can't half the **** I used to. Like today i ate : One bigass King B teriyaki piece of beef jerkey, a propel water, four small homemade hamburgers and have had about 2 glasses of doctor pepper. And a piece of cheese. Plus about a cup of scalloped potatoes, good stuff. And now for the last caloric intake of the day: Coke C2. It's pretty good stuff. Not good for cutting, but good tasting! Can't be too strict on first cut I haven't had many calories today, and I don't feel too hungry. I'm about to do 5 sets of 20 pushups and some russian twists and crunches, because I can.

My Exploits

Hey, welcome to the journals. You're a big guy for 16 years old with some impressive lifts.

Good luck with the cut and getting stronger.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Good luck Bro!!
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

I wannabebig!
    good luck with the cut bro, Im on the pretty low end of calories myself

Low calories and don't get along lol. i'm used to eating alot, so it gets a little tougher in the cutting dept. today I've had: one bowl of honey nut cheerios for breakfast, one six inch sub for lunch, and I'll eat about a cup of roast beef for my afternoon snack,mmmmmmm. I've quit keeping strict track of calories, I've quickly learned to eat when I'm hungry, just not too much, about half of what I used to eat. I also drink 1 or 2 propel waters a day, good stuff!

My Exploits

F the roast beef for now, I had a michelina's macaroni and cheese for a snack and another michelina's chinese rice thing (300 calories) for dinner. I feel full and energized.

My Exploits

I ate some roast beef with a slice of bread. I also ate a ham sandwich with a chunk of cheese.

BTW thanks for the compliments guys

My Exploits

Pushups suck when you weight upwards of 240 lbs. My God, when I was in 7th grade ( and a weenie mind you ) I did 56 pushups in a minute at like 160 or so. Now I can't do them near as fast because I have to push up alot more weight lol.

My Exploits

Here's the weight I think I will start off doing ( based on last year's achievements) in 3 sets of 4 for the first week of the above mentioned program (after a warmup set):

Bench: 275
    Db curl: 65
    Tricep ext.: 170
    Db press: 100

Deadlift: 350
    Seated boat row: 270
    Low lat pulldown: 270

Squat: (don't laugh, I started doing them 3 weeks before school let out) 275
    Legpress: 540
    Then of course standing calf raise, might hug a 45 to my chest.
    I will use medicine ball for sit-ups and no weight for russian twists. Also no weight for bench leg lifts.

My Exploits

I'm still on 2000 calories a day, refeeding every 4 days to boost lipton/lepton whatever they are levels. This morning I did ALL the chores, took me an hour. Trying to burn extra calories. I have 3 weeks left of cutting! I'm not going to be able to get rid of this gut, but I would like to drop 3-4 more lbs of fat. Then I'll start a clean bulk, and a fairly slow one, and build the muscle like Hell in school. Feedback is appreciated.

My Exploits

Leptin.

^^ Thanks. I knew it was something like that. Today is REFEED, and God bless it guys. I get about 1000 more calories on refeed days more than usual, about 3000 then. I ate half a medium pizza, and am finishing drinking the first code red mountain dew since.....1 month ago! (My friend could never do this, he's a dew addict )

My Exploits

The other things I've eaten on refeed day: 3 glasses of milk, 2 propel waters, 4 pieces of toast with peanut butter, a piece of bread with 1 slice of ham and some beef noodles. I will enjoy it today, cause tomorrow it's back to 2000. Cutting is a bitch. That's what I've found out over the past 3 weeks or so.

My Exploits

Scratch the beef noodles. They tasted like a dog's ass. that's probably why my dog licked....I mean liked them.

My Exploits

You should change your nick to 'Superior Nick'

But I guess then people would ask you why your nickname is superior.

PIZDOFF: Lol smartass. The will is like willpower. I guess it is kinda confusing since my name is Nick and some might think it's Will. So I thought it would work well. Jerry Springer is on and after that I will run again. I'm gonna have a propel and some a&w root beer today. I've already had the root beer, kinda some motivation to keep me cutting since my diet is on the low cal side. I've had 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter.
    I figure if I get alot of protein ( I eat meat every day as much as I can, kinda like a low carb thing but not really ) strength loss will be minimal to cutting.
    Who knows, maybe SOME of those weights I listed will be a little lower, say 10 lbs lower, because of this cutting. I have noticed I've stopped putting on weight.
    In a few days I should have a body fat % available and weight. My starting weight was 250lbs and I had over 30% bodyfat . I know it sounds like alot and it is, but almost all of it is on the belly. I hate that. I look kinda like a pop belly pig. I have good definition everywhere else. When school starts I'll ask the art teacher if I can borrow the digital camera to get some pictures up here and show you what I mean.

My Exploits

Going to the fair and working there for 2 weeks money is goood.

My Exploits

I'm working permanently actually. The work is hard and the hours long 12-16 sometimes. Money's good though. It's good for maintaining strength untill I get back to school and the weightroom in about a week.
    I'm a stagehand/loader for United Hands. We do about anything that involved heavy moving, state fairs, stages, auditoriums, and summer slam for wwe. It's awesome. I've met Montgomery Gentry and Rascal Flatts. Plus the women can be very....nice....to you at those concerts

My Exploits

weight is down to 240 and now going below 30%bf

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by superior_will
    weight is down to 240 and now going below 30%bf
    cool where are ya tryna get to? goals? or did i not read it above
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal