Thread: Cardio question...

Beaver ******

Cardio question...

I do cardio outside of the gym...why is not important, but if what I am doing is stupid, then I would like to know

Last night I made my first attempt at jogging (Holy f"#$ I was surprised) About 15 seconds into it I was already breathing heavy (I'm 304lbs). Anyway, I figured I could do at least 20 minutes. But I could only do it on and off...I would jog until I couldn't jog, then briskly walk for a few seconds, then start up again. NOW, is this a waste of my time?? Could I be doing something better...my heart is pumping, I am sweating like a mofo...and (this might sound wierd) but when I pause the jog, and do the brisk walk, I get an almost euphoric feeling in the back sides of my head (Blood rush maybe) not feeling bad or dizzy. Is this a problem??

Anyway, I also want to do something in the house. And I asked this before and it never got answered, but until I can keep up with a good jog, would a cardio VIDEO be useful to me? If so, can someone recommend one to me?

Until I get this gut down to a reasonable size, I have problems with the jogging, and my back ache a little. SO, that's why I am asking.

Sorry for the long post!!

Just keep at it and it will get better. You can try to focus more on the walking part right now and build up to more jogging. Get a heart rate monitor to help monitor your progress. You can also try mixing up your cardio to spare your knees and back. I like using an elliptical and/or stationary bike.

As far as a cardio video, well, to each their own. If you like it, then do it.
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

res firma mitescere nescit

Beaver ******
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesAB
    As far as a cardio video, well, to each their own. If you like it, then do it.
    That's what I am wondering...is there something out there that is exceptionally good...or bad?? Something I can do at home...

I have a couple of friends who swear by Billy Blanks and Tae Bo.

He has a DVD out there called Billy Blank's Tae Bo Cardio that is geared for beginners. You can find it on Amazon for $12 for the VHS version and $18 for the DVD
    A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

res firma mitescere nescit

Wannabebig Member
    Beavereater - Bro keep at it man, it'll get better each time you go for a jog if you do it 3 times a week and you keep your diet in check.

Forget this in house cardio sh*t, nothing like a good ole run outdoors.

Are you worried about people taking the p*ss outta you when your running? - f**k them man, keep at it and you'll turn that flab into muscle, hard work bro!.
    6"4 235
    --------
    14% BF

--------
    Train hard and train smart

I remember jogging at 270.. I almost considered getting a sports bra, haha. It was pretty humiliating, but now I look better than the people that laughed at me. Joy for sequential progression.
    20 y/o, 6'1", 186 lbs, 14% BF
    bench: 350 deadlift: 560 parallel squat: 465
    total: 1375 @ 186

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    i was 215 when i started running, i was a whippped little b!tch for a while. after 2 weeks i noticed the improvement and it only got better, it sounds about right but you're just out of shape...keep going man
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Beaver ******
    Thanks for the support. Nah...I am definitely not afraid of what people might say. I have to jog at night, around 11.30pm or 12.00am...and although its safe here in Japan (Especially since I outsize everyone) I have no worries about jogging. I just hate NOT being able to keep up with the run.

Second, if I had a DVD I would be able to do the cardio at work as well. Going for a run, I couldn't do because I can't LEAVE my office. SO...I figure I can get some cardio at work as well, in the morning, afternoon, evening...whenever. AND once the weight around my waiste is down a little and I can handle a jog more, I will go. Friends always ask to go with me, and I go when I can, but my work doesn't allow me to get outta the office until 9 or 10pm...then its off to the gym where I only have enough time for muscle training because I get there an hour or at most 2 hours before they close. SO, I figure, what I can do at the gym and not at home, I will do...the rest I can do at home.

So...Tae Bo...any other suggestions???

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    Tae bo is ok, there's lots of ways without a lot of room, get a jump rope, jump roping burns 600+ cal an hour unweighted. its cheap and the way to build up try it
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -